Contemporary Worship Leader
Job: First United Methodist – Marble Falls, Texas seeks a part-time Worship Leader for our 8:45 Sunday Contemporary service and 6:30 Wednesday Youth Worship service.
Church Overview: First United Methodist Church in Marble Falls is a vibrant congregation of 1200+ members. Our mission is to love God, share God’s love and to make disciples. We offer strong ministries for children, youth, families, adults
and seniors. Marble Falls is located 50 miles west of Austin in the beautiful Texas Hill Country.
Sunday Contemporary Services can be described as a contemporary style with some traditional elements. The Worship Leader and Praise Band play the top CCLI worship music. This is a rapidly expanding part of our ministry and a talented, consistent
presence is needed.
Wednesday Youth Worship is held in the relaxed setting of our Youth Center. Youth are encouraged to participate in the Youth Praise Band. This service is energetic and seeks to engage high school youth in a spiritual experience.
Status: This is a part-time, salaried position. The position requires approximately 10 hours per week. Salary starting at $12,000 annually depending on skills and experience.
Accountable to: Senior Pastor
- Devoted follower of Jesus Christ
- Demonstrated experience as gifted, spirit-filled Worship Leader
- Strong vocal talent
- Skilled and educated on one or more musical instruments (Guitar or Keyboard preferred)
- Working knowledge of music theory
- Effective leadership, organizational and communication skills
- Technical knowledge to coordinate support for audio/video services (Media Shout or Sunday Plus preferred)
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead worship bands for the music portion of Contemporary (Sunday morning) and
Youth (Wednesday evening) worship services by working with the Pastoral staff, Director of Music Ministries and Youth Director
- Select and coordinate music for assigned worship services to enhance the defined, weekly message.
- Recruit, develop, equip and empower musicians, both adult and youth.
- Organize and lead weekly rehearsals with bands and technical support teams.
- Oversee video and audio requirements for assigned services.
- Develop Christ-centered relationships by being a mentor and positive role model within church.
- Ensure worship aligns with United Methodist doctrine, as well as church mission and priorities.
- Perform other related tasks requested by Worship Committee, Music Director, Youth Director or Pastoral staff.
Applications may be sent to email@example.com. Please include:
- Full resume
- 3 References
- Video of your worship leadership
First United Methodist Church
1101 Bluebonnet Drive
Marble Falls, Tx 78654