Coast Hills Community Church Position Profile
Coordinator, Flood (4th/5th grade ministry)
PART-TIME – 12 hours per week (up 20 hours First Wednesdays & seasonal)
The Director Flood Coordinator points a comprehensive ministry for 4th & 5th grade kids, aligning the ministry mission with the overall church mission and Children’s Ministry. This position shepherds the ministry by being in relationship
with leaders, kids, and parents, and developing ministry teams, both paid, interns and volunteers..
Ministry Management & Development
- Partner with Pastor of Student Life Pastor, Kid Life in strategic ministry planning and development
- Partner with Pastor, Student Life & Pastor, Kid Life to develop ministry to parents and families.
- Partner with Pastor, Kid Life to develop volunteer recruitment and development strategies.
- Recruit and develop volunteer leaders
- Lead leadership volunteer teams to facilitate a trategy for relational contact ministry
- Lead ministry elements that equip parents to engage in spiritual conversations with their 4th/5th graders.
- Lead ministry elements that create opportunities for parent support and communication through parent meetings, education and resources.
- Partner with the Junior High Life Directors to help student’s transition into junior high ministries.
- Facilitate organization, design and oversight of 4/5th grade environments, including but not limited to, weekend and mid-week environments, camps, outreach events and trips, and ongoing special activities and events.
- Partner with Pastor, Kid Life to Facilitate creative and relevant Biblically based teaching, worship, D-groups, events and activities to engage and lead kids to a deeper understanding of the Bible and a relationship with Jesus, incorporating the core values
- Facilitate a holistic strategy for 4/5th grade that supports the discipleship process of CHCC.
- Actively participate in the 4/5th grade ministry environments whether through direct leadership or support leadership of other 4/5th grade volunteers or church staff.