ABOUT OUR CHURCH and MINISTRY PHILOSOPHY:
Located in the Coachella Valley of Southern California's desert and bordered by the communities of Palm Desert and Indio. Family Heritage Church is a multi-generational, Bible believing, Elder led church. Our senior pastor of 11 years has recently retired. It is our church's desire that this be the last time we hire a pastor from outside our congregation. as such, we are seeking a man committed to shepherding and developing our staff, elders, and lay people (especially those who have giftings and desires for full time ministry).
- Evidences the qualities of 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9
- Possesses a Master of Divinity from a recognized evangelical, conservative seminary.
- Holds theological beliefs consistent with Family Heritage Church's Statement of Faith. Full Statement of Faith can be found on the website.
- Has experience on a multi-pastoral staff.
- Track record of discipling leaders in preparation for ministry.
- Five years experience as a senior pastor or executive pastor in a multi paid church staff.
The Senior Pastor will serve with the Board of Elders to oversee the life, vision, and leadership of the church. He will work effectively with our current pastoral staff (one Associate and one Family Pastor), providing leadership, encouragement, and direction. He will be the primary preacher for our Sunday morning service offering dynamic, expository messages that elevate God's Word: will interact with the congregation in a personal matter; and will teach, train and equip the body for ministry using the Bible as the ultimate authority, leading by example through Biblical servanthood.
- Maintains Biblical priorities, balancing family life and ministry.
- Has a wife who is fully committed to her husband's ministry, who desires to be an active participant in the church.
- Seeks and maintains a personal ministry accountability strategy which demonstrates a desire to be open and teachable.
- Communicates effectively with people of all ages and walks of life.
- Lives a personal and family lifestyle based on prayer, biblical truth, personal spiritual development, authenticity, and servant leadership.
DISTINCTIONS of FAMILY HERITAGE CHURCH (FHC):
- Prayer - a commitment to public prayer as part of our church services and praying for one another.
- Family - family oriented, quality children's programs and AWANA through High School.
- Ministry and Service - high percentage of members involved in service.
- Multigenerational - all age groups are part of the congregation.
- Small Groups - the heart of equipping our congregation.
- Missions - strong commitment to missions both local and abroad; above and beyond financial support.
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS - PLEASE E-MAIL (or MAIL) YOUR RESUME WITH (3) REFERENCES TO SEARCH COMMITTEE CONTACT AT firstname.lastname@example.org or FHC PHYSICAL ADDRESS.
- Please do NOT call church office with questions. All questions should be made via e-mail and will be answered ASAP. Contact info provided above.
- The Pastor Search Team consists of lay persons who are working through a second round selection process which will take time and prayer - please be patient. We are in the initial "call" phase and will leave this open until December 10th, 2012.
- All Pastor candidates who submit responses will be notified if and when they are not selected for further consideration.
- Some candidates may be contacted to answer additional questions concerning their background and qualifications.
- Provide CD or web link (preferred) to recent series of sermons.
- Provide response to the following question: Why (and how) are you leaving your current (or latest) ministry position?
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Senior PastorPrivate Profile
- Gallatin, Missouri
- December 1
"Gang Church" Lead PastorInFaith
- Fresno, California
- December 1
Church Planter in Central NebraskaInFaith
- central, Nebraska
- December 1
Senior PastorCollege Baptist Church
- Hillsdale, Michigan
- November 30
Executive Pastor (767613)The Shepherd's Staff
- US Mid Atlantic, Virginia
- November 29