Cross of Christ Lutheran Church is looking for a Youth Director to be a catalytic leader who equips our community's 5th grade through college-aged youth to know Jesus and continuously take the next step in their relationship with Jesus.
This person will be welcomed into a joyful community of people who love God and their church. For more than 50 years, the church has steadfastly communicated the light of Jesus with a visible presence on a main thoroughfare used by more than 100,000 people
per day. We also strongly support outside missions work through annual mission trips to Haiti, monthly mission fund recipients, and all-church events to raise mission funds. We hold 3 separate services each week with more than 350 people joining us.
The Youth Director will have primary responsibility to evaluate and effectively build on existing programming and create meaningful opportunities to reach a significant number of youth in our surrounding community. We currently follow a Continuum of Growth
model that guides our congregation in the development of their faith as they grow in their relationship with Christ. The successful candidate will have a proven record of developing systems and processes for effective communication and growth in all aspects
of youth ministry; a demonstrated ability to model and communicate a mature Christian faith in the spirit of the Lutheran Church; the ability to mentor youth, parents and volunteers; spiritual gifts in evangelism, teaching, administration and leadership coupled
with a strong work ethic and team-oriented mindset; plus a true passion to do what it takes to reach this generation for Christ.
The successful candidates should:
- have a 4 year degree or demonstrated commensurate experience
- be willing to become an active member of our church
- have excellent written, oral, and social communication skills
- have experience with many software programs, technology systems, and social media platforms
- be physically able to participate fully in youth and church activities, including the ability to lift up to 40 pounds
- have an excellent driving record with a current or future ability to secure a Class C driving certification
- possess an outgoing and warm personality, a great sense of humor, a hopeful and positive attitude, and is excited to ride roller coasters, play broomball, and take the occasional pie in the face
Please see additional detail on the job and our Youth Ministry Director expectations on our website,
After reading through the entire job description, please pray about it. If you feel God is calling you to this position, then apply electronically to
email@example.com no later than November 30, 2012. Send us a resume, cover letter telling us about yourself, your testimony, your family, etc., and a photo of you/your family. You can
use the same email to ask any questions you might have about the church, Pastor, or position. We look forward to hearing from you.