ABOUT THE POSITION
Valley View is seeking a relational individual who loves high school students, enjoys spending time with them, understands them, and will model for them an ever-deepening relationship with Jesus. This individual will lead Refuge, our High School
Ministry, and would become an integral member of our United Equipping Team consisting of Middle School, High School, and Young Adult Ministries. The position is full-time reports to the Pastor of Student Ministries and salary is commensurate with
United refers to our strategy that merges four intentional components:
- Our intergenerational approach focusing on parents, mentors, and the rising generation united through following Jesus.
- Our relationships where the United Equipping Team guide, teach, equip, and minister across all three groups on a rotating basis.
- Our discipleship method that utilizes small groups to reach specific sub-groups within our unique Louisville environment. Louisville has a distinctive school system that mixes students across locations, economic situations, backgrounds, and ethnicities.
This results in many challenges and opportunities to minister and provide community.
- Our equipping model following Ephesians 4 is to equip the rising generation and adults that influence them to minister to the community God has placed around them using their gifts, talents, and resources.
As a result, the person who is right for this position should:
- Be passionate about ministering to high school students and 11-29 year olds
- Able to love and relate to a wide variety of students.
- Create disciples who disciple disciples….both adults and students. (We intentionally are looking for a candidate who is skilled with past success in discipling through small group environments.)
- Serve as primary communicator for the High School Ministry.
- Desire to be a team player who works in a collaborative environment.
- Displays an authentic and growing relationship with Jesus setting the example of 1 Corinthians 11:1.
- Meets the qualifications of an elder as described throughout God's Word and our church documents.
- Ability to identify the culture and use the culture to reach the culture.
- 5 years of experience in church youth ministry-large church ministry experience is preferred.
- We anticipate a 5 year minimum commitment to our students at Valley View.
SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES
- Oversee all High School Ministry at VVC including budgeting, administrative, programs, etc.
- Teaching regularly 2 or more times a week.
- Regular meetings with multiple teams from our staff and church.
- Support Student Service Teams and Leadership Teams.
- Organize and lead camps/retreats/outings that engage students.
- Resource and meet specific needs of high school parents.
- Be intentionally involved in the schools & community in our area.
- Mentor students through specific issues as needed.
- Represent church within local student ministry networks and community.
- Partner with and provide pastoral care for students of the church and community.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter telling us about you personally, a resume, a personal photo, and a video of you doing ministry (or links to it online) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Screening of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.