To serve God and His church, specifically, Thomasville Road Baptist Church, by being directly responsible for the Youth ministries of the church. He will lead, manage, supervise, and minister to educational leadership and ministry leadership in our youth
(6th grade to 12th grade) ministry.
Duties and Responsibilities in Youth Ministries:
- Build relationships and minister to Youth and their parents.
- Plan, coordinate, direct and evaluate ministry to students ages 6th thru 12th grade.
- Oversee, manage, and train Director of Middle School Ministries & Director of Girls Ministries within a team approach.
- Cultivate a Biblical culture of evangelism within the youth ministry through communication, evaluation and training with leaders in the youth ministry.
- Assess the current needs of the congregation for growth in the youth ministry.
- Be informed of trends and culture as it relates to youth ministry.
- Study new materials, resources, programs, curriculums and educational methods for youth ministry.
- Approve curriculum for all youth ministries with consultation of supervisor.
- Lead in planning and conducting of special events and programs appropriate for the outreach to and spiritual growth of youth.
- Provide a creative and fun infrastructure and plan for the biblical education of High School and Middle School Students.
- Coordinate the youth ministry with other church programs.
- Manage the budget and distribution of budgeted funds in the youth ministry. (currently $57,400.00)
- Oversee, planning and leading Wednesday night High School & Middle School activities.
- Plan and lead special events for youth ministries including: DNow, Deeper, mission trips, etc.
- Study and make recommendations and adjustments in the youth ministry as needed, such as organizational changes, space and facility usage, and furniture needs and policy and procedure of operations.
- Oversee the Youth building and facilities. Report maintenance needs to the Maintenance Team Leader and the Executive Pastor of Administration.
- Organize and lead a youth ministry team comprised of parents of youth, college student interns, and other lay adult church members who are interested in the spiritual needs and growth of youth.
- Recruit leadership in the youth ministry team by cultivating, developing, enlisting and equipping individuals to serve.
- Build strong leaders and effective teams of ministers in the High School Ministry. Proactively seek and build leaders according to their giftedness. Give direction to the leaders and volunteers by clearly communicating vision and strategy on a regular
- Work with and cultivate youth leadership to provide support, ministry and discipleship groups designed to distinctly meet the spiritual needs of youth.
- Develop, train and lead a student leadership team consisting of High School students.
- Maximize and create opportunities to equip and train parents to know and follow biblical principles for parenting.