Rockville Presbyterian Church (PCUSA) is a theologically progressive missional community of about 100 active worshipers with a growing ministry to families with children and youth. We are seeking someone to oversee the development and implementation of music and technology in our weekly worship experience. This includes leading voacally on Sunday mornings as our worship leader, developing and enhancing our worship teams and choirs, and managing the technical side of a multimedia worship.
Qualities and Qualifications Needed For This Position:
- Creative, innovative and energetic.
- Ability to rehearse, lead and direct a variety of musical ensembles.
- Highly skilled in piano and or guitar performance.
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment
- In-depth knowledge of modern worship music and ancient-modern hymns with the ability to incorporate elements of both traditional and contemporary worship in an integrative way.
- Presence with servant’s heart up front with an ability to engage the hearts and minds of the congregation through music, song and word.
- Experience in leading worship.
1. Plan, coordinate and prepare musical components of weekly worship, including the
development of volunteer leaders and arrangement of instrumental and vocal music. This
includes, but is not limited to, the following:
Leading musical component of weekly Sunday worship services, as well as other special services
throughout the year, utilizing a piano, keyboard, and or guitar, while also leading the vocal
component of the worship service.
Lead rehearsals for a variety of musical groups, including a worship band, choir, and children’s
and youth groups, comprised of musicians with varying musical skill levels and abilities.
Recruit new musicians, within and outside of the congregation, to participate musically in the
worship experience, further developing their musical abilities and enhancing the musical
experience for everyone.
Work with the Pastor and church ministry teams to help plan a creative and innovative worship that
contributes to an “experience of God” for all congregation members, regardless of their musical
Introduce new songs regularly.
Provide music and words for all band/worship team members.
Ensure that RPC is in compliance with all licensing and copyright laws when using music and
other items in the service.
Arrange for substitute Worship Leader for rehearsal and direction of the worship team during
2. Provide for all Technology needs of the service: Power Point slides, sound system needs, etc
This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
Create song slides using Media software such as Media Shout or PowerPoint utilizing graphics as
backgrounds from Graceway Media and other graphic sites.
Oversee, resource and develop the tech team for Sunday morning worship.
Manage the audio system and make sure set up happens for the rehearsals and Sunday morning
3. Be a team leader. This includes but is not limited to the following:
Staff the Worship and the Arts Ministry Team.
Develop and manage, along with the Worship and the Arts Ministry Team, the Worship and the Arts
Plan and implement forward thinking initiatives that enhance the worship and/or the RPC
Participate in staff meetings and be a colleague among peers.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Youth Worship LeaderImpact Fellowship Church
- Overland Park, Kansas
- January 19
Worship LeaderBethany Christian Reformed Church
- Bellflower, California
- January 19
FELLOWSHIP OF HUNTSVILLE CHURCH WORSHIP PASTORFellowship of Huntsville Church
- Huntsville, Texas
- January 19
Director of WorshipTrinity Evangelical Presbyterian Church
- Florence, South Carolina
- January 19
Worship Arts PastorFroot Group
- Sioux Falls, South Dakota
- January 18
Rockville Presbyterian Church
Rockville Presbyterian Church (PCUSA) is a theologically progressive and diverse missional community of about 100 active worshipers with a growing ministry to singles, young couples, and families with children and youth. Come join us as we experience God, grow in our relationships and impact the world.More...