We are searching for a pastor who will be the primary spiritual leader and primary communicator of the church’s vision to staff, congregation, and the community at large. We are looking for a Senior/Lead Pastor who will cast a strong vision, mentor the team,
and preach the Word of God in a relevant style to a multi-generational, multi-ethnic, multi-cultural community. Our new pastor must also embrace and model our church’s Statement of Faith while demonstrating the heart of a shepherd/servant. With respect to
church governance, the church is pastor-led, board accountable. This means we are looking for someone with strong leadership gifts.
Our new pastor will:
• Meet the biblical requirements of a pastor as outlined in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9
• Teach the Word of God in a relevant and engaging manner which is faithful to Scripture. We want our congregation to grow in their understanding and application of the Word of God
• Have obtained an earned degree from an accredited Bible college and/or seminary. A Masters of Divinity is preferred.
• Possess at least 5 years of Senior/Lead Pastor experience at a church of no fewer than 500 in weekly attendance.
• Coordinate and lead Sunday morning worship services alongside worship team.
• Be able to build and lead a team and oversee church operations, including office administration and facilities.
• Be able to work with a team to develop and cast a long term vision—and give clear direction as to how to implement that vision.
• Hire and develop church staff to match the needs of the church
• Involve, equip, develop, and support team leaders for our ministry teams and life groups
• Encourage personal and professional growth for church staff and key positions held by volunteers
• Serve as an active voting member on the Board of Directors
• General pastoral duties: including but not limited to counseling, comforting, advising, training, and officiating, specifically baptisms, marriages, memorial services, funerals, communion, teaching classes, and one-on-one pastoral ministry.
• Be financially sound in ministry finances as well as personal finances
• Have excellent oral and written communication skills
• Have a heart for and participate in both local and international mission.
• Be creative in the weekend services, realizing we are reaching a wide range of people young and old, new and mature believers, as well as people who are unchurched.
• Encourage participation in small groups.
• Possess the experience and ability to confront and resolve conflict in a healthy, biblical manner—and must have the confidence and humility to receive criticism and to deal graciously with critical people.
• Working with guidelines established by the Board, assess annually the performance of church staff and key volunteers.
• Maintain personal margins to insure the emotional health of his family, including appropriate time away from a number of Sunday services each year, which will require securing guest speakers to cover time away.