South Campus Worship Director – Job Description
We launched this campus on September 16 and things are going great! We've got about 250 worshipping weekly. Kids classes are rocking. Community Groups are filling up. And people are so excited to get this new church going.
If you're interested to join our staff, send your resume, including video clips of worship leading, to firstname.lastname@example.org
The South Campus Worship Director will serve the church by developing, coordinating and administering an effective and well-rounded worship ministry and providing leadership to and supervision of staff members and volunteers involved in this
ministry. This position would require approximately 25 hours per week.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Recruit and direct all elements of the campus Worship Ministry
- Prepare Order of Service with the Teaching Pastor considering theme of each worship service, special programs, and selection of songs.
- Provide spiritual direction for members of the worship team.
- Develop the team in light of gifts in the Body and personal vision.
- Recruit, audition and direct worship bands and vocalists.
- Schedule worship leader and band members for the campus.
- Train bands in worship techniques, appreciation of worship, leadership and participation in worship based on CPC band model.
- Administer the work of the worship team by encouraging teamwork and mutual support and providing leadership and nurture to staff members.
- Develop key leaders that will be equipped to serve in the CPC Worship Ministry at any campus.
- Lead practices and Sunday worship services.
Manage the campus worship program
- Prepare Sunday morning worship services by using CPC FC planning as a baseline for theme, song selection and creative communication.
- Prepare special events for the Christmas season, Easter, Thanksgiving and series packages.
- Supervise and coordinate outside worship leaders.
- Help Worship Pastor organize retreats and workshops for the worship ministry of CPC.
Facilitating “cross campus” ministry with the Campus Pastor
- Plan and organize concerts, festivals, and dramas that resemble those of CPC FC and at the same time, work well in the campus facility and are relevant to the particular culture of that city.
Coordination and scheduling of campus tech crew including:
- Supervise sound, light technicians, and multi-media; work with other staff members in producing quality audio productions.
- Coordinate and communicate regularly with CPC tech lead.
Attend required meetings
- A weekly, hour-long worship planning meeting at CPC FC.
- A weekly, hour-long campus meeting with Campus Pastor.
- A monthly check-in with Worship Pastor.
Manage the purchase and maintenance of all campus worship equipment
- Select and purchase worship instruments and equipment
- Supervise the maintenance of worship instruments.
Required Strengths, Gifts, and Talents:
- A proven aptitude for worship leadership.
- A strong, vibrant, and committed relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ.
- A passion for worship as central to the life of the church.
- Excellent communication skills (writing and speaking).
- An ability to lead a multi-faceted ministry.
- A team player.
- Raise awareness and understanding of true worship as well as improve the quality of worship both in and outside of the regular church services.
- Develop trust and transparency with the pastoral staff and others included in worship ministry so that a team atmosphere will prevail as the worship ministry develops.
- Identify those in the Body with gifts that aid worship and develop an attitude of worship and humility in those people as their gifts and talents are expressed.