LEADERSHIP POSITION DESCRIPTION
The Lead Worship Pastor is responsible for leading our church in worship. We recognize that the musical worship portion of a service is instrumental in creating the identity and feel of the church itself, and we are looking for someone who can promote the vision, mission, and practice of The Bridge within his or her sphere of influence. We worship in a contemporary style which utilizes a lot of Hillsong and other contemporary praise and worship groups.
Oversees all music and media functions in order to facilitate vibrant and passionate worship experiences for the ministries of The Bridge Community Church and its members.
SPECIFIC LIST OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead worship in all weekly worship services.
- Lead worship team rehearsals and assist others when not leading.
- Facilitate the congregation’s participation in authentic worship.
- Work to incorporate new songs into the repertoire of our worship band.
- Recruit, schedule, develop, and mentor volunteer instrumentalists and vocalists.
- Recruit, schedule, develop, and mentor other worship leaders.
- Participate in planning the weekly service flow and incorporate creative design aspects into the services.
- Participate in all scheduled staff meetings and staff development times.
- Develop annual ministry plan and budget for the music ministry.
- Continue to hone personal musical proficiency.
- Work with team to produce special services for Christmas and Easter.
- Be willing to serve as needed in other areas of ministry at The Bridge.
- Lead a monthly worship planning meeting to plan all set lists, organize volunteers, and set a monthly schedule.
- Fulfill the character qualifications of an elder as taught in the Scriptures.
- Philosophical alignment with church leadership.
- Passionate about worship and leading others in worship.
- Demonstrated musical skill and desire to lead others.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in leading worship.
- Strength in leadership for the church and bands.
- Possess cultural awareness and the ability to adapt to the needs of our congregation.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- A gift for leadership and a desire to lead others.
- Love for Jesus and a desire to see lives and communities changed by the gospel.
- Possess the discipline necessary to schedule, plan, and manage a ministry staffed by volunteers.
- Leading from an instrument is not mandatory, but is preferred in order to lead other musicians.
- Must have knowledge of cord charts and sheet music.
- Must know how to acquire sheet music when needed for special programing.
Please Provide a link to an audio or video sample for our review.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Worship and Associate PastorPataskala Grace Church
- Pataskala, Ohio
- October 26
Indy North Campus Worship PastorNorthview Church
- Indianapolis, Indiana
- October 26
Worship PastorVentura Missionary Church
- Ventura, California
- October 26
Pastor of Worship and Student MinistriesBrenham Bible Church
- Brenham, Texas
- October 25
Assistant Worship Leader / Youth PastorONEeighty Church
- Springville, Alabama
- October 25
The Bridge Community Church
The Bridge Community Church of Northern Kentucky is a six year old church plant which serves the community of Greater Cincinnati. Over the course of six years we have seen God bring great fruit to our ministry for His Glory, and we are now ministering to an average of 568 people (through October of 2012) in three services on Sunday mornings. As we continue to grow, we need a Lead Worship Pastor who can both lead our people into authentic worship and recruit and train new volunteers to serve in leading our congregation into authentic worship. More...