This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Children and Family Ministry
First Presbyterian Church of Houston
Houston, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 02/26/2008
Categories: Children's Pastor
Denominations: Presbyterian -- PCUSA
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
Children and Family Ministry Director
First Presbyterian Church Houston, Texas
Overview of Ministry:
First Presbyterian Church, Houston is a thriving, and dynamic urban church with a membership that exceeds 4500. Established in 1839 and rich in tradition, FPC seeks, by the grace of God and led by His Spirit, t- minister t- children and families in the 21st century, leading them t- a deepening relationship with Jesus. The Children and Family Ministry vision is to:
. Teach children that worship is an important part of their life even at a very early age (Worship)
. Provide children and families the opportunity t- serve and give generously (Serve)
. Equip children t- share Jesus with others (Invite and Invest)
. Equip families t- study, pray and grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ (Grow).
".Love the Lord your God with all your heart and all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind." Luke 10:27
. Demonstrate that you are a growing and mature Christian-showing evidence of Christ-like attitude in words, deeds, possessing a solid knowledge of Scripture, with the ability t- teach and equip staff and lay leaders.
. Exhibit a strong heart and love for evangelizing, and shepherding preschoolers (birth -Pre-K) and children (K-5).
. Select and adapt curriculum and program material for all areas of Ministry-Nursery through fifth grade including a small Sunday morning special needs program.
. Evaluate the ministry regularly- ensuring the children know God, turn t- God and read/hear from the bible. This focus should lead children t- a solid foundation and belief structure. (5th graders should know the bible and how t- use it when transitioning t- middle school).
. Responsible for successfully planning and managing the Children and Family Ministry budget working with Committee Chair, Pastor and finance team.
. Serve as a visionary for the ministry- welcoming new ideas, groups, ways and programs all in the effort t- teach the children about the love of God while ensuring alignment with the vision and purpose of the church.
. Strive constantly t- have a Ministry which is led by both lay and staff and is recognized by its exceptional hospitality and gratitude t- volunteers, church members and staff.
. Travel with Ministry for special church events: e.g. Re-treats and coordinate and promote outreach activities: e.g. Vacation Bible School
. Support parents in raising their children t- know, love and serve Jesus.
. The Children and Family Ministry Director is accountable t- the Pastor of Spiritual Formation
. The Children and Family Ministry Director must be open and willing t- work with elders, committee members, session and other staff t- ensure a collaborative ministry.
. The Children and Family Ministry Director will lead, direct and counsel Children and Family Ministry staff t- ensure efficiency and good stewardship of resources.
. Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in the area of child development, children's education or similar field required.
. Experience Desired: candidate wh- has at least 2 years successful experience as a children's minister or associate in a church of like size or larger and similar community situation with an overall of 5+ year's experience.
. Candidates must possess superior administrative abilities and organizational skills
. Candidates must have successful experience in the following:
- Event and program planning and implementation
- Personnel management and leadership of a large team (paid and volunteer) including:
- HR related matters
- Leading, oversight and design of team for problem solving
- Ability t- schedule and publicize programs and special events
- Preparation and management of annual budget, reports and records
- Working with a variety of groups or departments.
- Demonstrate exceptional ability for relationship management/hospitality for all individuals associated with the ministry and church
- Success with fostering good relations with families through sincere encouragement, feedback and dedication t- a Win-Win situation.
- Candidate should possess successful experience in retention and recruitment of new families
. Ability t- cast a vision and help others t- see their contribution t- successfully accompli BR>. Curriculum Experience:
- Experience and understanding of age appropriateness for determination of what is t- be taught
- Strong Biblical knowledge with the experience of adapting curriculum
. Efficient with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- 40+ hour work week - presence in the office daily
- Own Office Space
- Administrative Assistant
- Competitive Compensation package that includes medical benefits and a retirement plan. Salary will be commensurate with the candidate's qualifications.
T- apply submit a resume and cover letter via email t- Sabrina_espinoza@comcast.net (Children and Family Ministry Chair-Elect)