This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Associate Pastor and Director of Assimilation and Crisis Pastoral
Southwood Presbyterian Church
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
Date Posted: 02/28/2008
Categories: Associate Pastor
Denominations: Presbyterian -- PCA
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
JOB TITLE: ASSOCIATE PASTOR AND DIRECTOR OF ASSIMILATION AND CRISIS PASTORAL CARE
Serve as an Associate Pastor in leading the ministries of assimilation and crisis pastoral care which implements the Southwood vision of Advancing the Kingdom of God in our lives, homes, church, community and world. The duties of the Associate Pastor may also involve other pastoral and administrative duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor such as preaching, leading worship, teaching, mentoring and counseling.
REPORTING AND LIASON: The Director of Assimilation and Crisis Pastoral Care will report to the Executive Director. As Director of Assimilation, he shall work closely with the Pastor of Discipleship and Director of Men’s Ministry in enfolding new and regular attendees into adult discipleship programs.
1. Evidence a Pastor’s heart with a vision and love for redeeming the lost.
2. Ordained and subscribe to Westminister Standards and Reformed Doctrine.
3. Exemplify Scriptural qualities of an elder as detailed in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1
4. Proficiency in teaching, preaching and discipleship
5. Relational and outgoing with a commitment to teamwork and team building
6. Spiritual gifts of teaching, leadership and exhortation
7. Self-starter with strong organizational skills
8. Committed to long term ministry at Southwood and to the Southwood Vision.
DIRECTOR OF ASSIMILATION: Responsible for the development, oversight, and implementation of a program which enfolds a person into the Southwood church body. This will begin at the visitor entry level and continue into areas of service and leadership. These activities may include but not be limited to:
1. Ministry development which encompasses research, initiation, staffing, training and supervision of current and new ministry opportunities.
2. Greeter Ministry, to include recruiting, training, and supervision.
3. Visitor follow-up, to include identification, contact and relay of information to others who need to know.
4. Membership, to include teaching new members, spiritual gift development, administration, record kee nd reporting.
5. Shepherding, to include the leadership and administration of the Southwood Shepherding Program.
DIRECTOR OF CRISIS PASTORAL CARE: Crisis Pastoral Care involves emergent and crisis matters affecting members of the congregation and their families (e.g., births, sickness, accidents, deaths, etc) and usually accompanied by medical intervention and/or hospitalization. Southwood has a program for receiving and processing information on matters requiring crisis pastoral care and the Director is to ensure the Program functions properly. He shall ensure information is processed and disseminated so that pastoral care is provided in a timely, sensitive and effective manner. He shall be responsible for administration, written guidance and training for all concerned. He shall have contingency plans in place to cover unexpected occurrences such as unavailability of appropriate Elders. The above activities may include but not be limited to:
1. Direct a comprehensive ministry of crisis pastoral care for all church members and regular attendees.
2. Participate in the general pastoral counseling and care of the congregation. Build relationships with members while ministering to the spiritual needs and obtaining help for their physical needs when needed.
3. Oversee a lay program of care-giving including a ministry to shut-ins and the elderly.
4. Supervise and coordinate, with other pastoral staff, all support/recovery group ministries.
5. Coordinate the Southwood premarital and marital programs.
6. Participate in other pastoral functions as assigned by the Executive Pastor and/or the Senior Pastor.