This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Student Ministries
Grace Community Church
Chelmsford, Massachusetts, United States
Date Posted: 03/03/2008
Categories: Youth Pastor
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Full-Time
Is God calling you to New England? Do you understand all that implies? Are you looking to embrace wholeheartedly a challenging, yet rewarding position? Do you have a passion for ministry, for youth, and for the Lord? Do you want to change the lives of junior and senior high students for the Kingdom of God?
We are a non-denominational, contemporary church with about 600 regular attenders. Within the last year, we've hired a dynamic, young, yet experienced, lead pastor and have completely revamped our staff and ministry leaders. Now it's time to turn our attention to our student ministry leadership. We're looking for a strong leader with a plan and the ability to lead a team of youth staff, who will pour teaching and discipleship into the lives of students and their parents.
We are located 25 miles northwest of Boston, in the heart of New England, in an area known for its great beauty, schools, hospitals, sports teams, and rich culture and history. As a youth group and a church we are committed to loving the Lord, living out Scripture, and praying without ceasing. We try to be living witnesses of Christ, ministering to the world around us, and serving one another in love. Be sure to check us out on our web site at www.grace-community.org.
The Director of Student Ministries is accountable for the oversight and direction of the students and programs within the Student Ministry of Grace Community Church. Programs include the Sunday morning student worship service, student-led small groups, student gatherings and events, discipleship mentoring, retreats, service and outreach projects both locally and abroad.
• Vision – provide leadership to the volunteer team by casting a vision for the students and their families
• Planning – develop plans which will empower the students to grow and develop their faith; such plans should include teaching, recruitment, worship, discipleship, evangelism, and personal accountability
• Implementation – evaluate and implement age-appropriate curriculum and resources
• Administration – provide oversight for the budget; perform ministry planning, and periodic reporting (e.g. monthly Pastoral Report)
• Teaching – convey to the students God’s word in an engaging manner
• Preaching – communicate clearly and effectively to a large group
• Worship – insure that worship and music are a vibrant part of the student experience
• Outreach – lead, both by planning and by example, local outreach efforts, and foreign and domestic missions trips
• Recruit staff. Actively seek out individuals for service opportunities; following through to make sure a passionate team is developed.
• Develop and oversee an effective Student Ministry Leadership Team by providing them with direction, spiritual oversight, and training
• Communicate frequently with all volunteers and staff
• Support and provide encouragement,counsel, support, and nurturing to volunteers and staff
• Community – build intentional relationships with parents
• Communication – establish a regular communication plan (written, phone, etc.) for parents of the students
• Support – provide parents with resources, aids, etc. to support them in parenting and discipling their children
• Awareness – maintain knowledge of needs within the student community, providing means to see that the needs are met personally
• Action – respond to students, parents and staff experiencing life crises or who have special needs (e.g. emotional, physical, etc.)
• A contagious passion for Christ and God’s Word
• A calling specific to New England -- to see her youth transformed by the power of Christ
• A passion for discipleship
• An attitude of majoring in the majors of the Christian faith, and committed to the core values and vision of Grace Community
• A commitment of five years to the position of Pastor of Student Ministries at Grace, with a proper balance between church and family
Required Education and Experience:
• A minimum of a B.A. in the area of Student Ministry, Biblical/Theological Studies or other related discipline
• Experience in student ministry leadership
Essential Gifts, Strengths, Skills:
• Proven leadership gifts and skills – a motivated, hard working, self-starter who cultivates and encourages the best in others
• Creative visionary planning and implementation – in faith, able to discover the best way to fulfill the goals of the ministry
• Teachable – humble to the molding of the Holy Spirit’s wisdom
• Gift of an overseer – strength and passion for directing and ministering through others who have a desire for working with the students and their families
• Team player and team builder
Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or send a cover letter and resume to Grace Community Church, Attn: Director of Student Ministries Search, 275 Billerica Rd, Chelmsford, MA 01824.