C3 Church of Pickerington
Director of Children’s Ministry Job Description
Job Title: Director of Children’s Ministry
The Director of Children’s Ministry is a full-time employee whose responsibility is to oversee all aspects of our growing children’s ministry and to ensure a smooth operating, safe and effective program. The director will recruit and train leaders and teachers who will touch children’s lives with God’s love and teach them God’s Word while laying a spiritual foundation for their relationship with Christ and teaching them to serve within the church. The director will also be a spiritual leader to those working in C3 Kids and provide training and encouragement to parents, equipping them to be the primary spiritual leader of their children.
The Children’s Ministry Director must:
A. Give testimony and life witness of: spiritual gifts relevant to these areas of ministry and prior ministry experience in these areas.
B. Have an appropriate and adequate education in an area of study relevant to the ministry responsibilities. Have prior children’s ministry leadership experience.
C. Have a sound knowledge of Scripture and an ability to effectively apply Scriptural principles in age appropriate and creative ways that lead to LifeChange and the formation of a solid spiritual foundation.
D. Be a stable, mature and growing Christian with an exemplary personal, marital (if applicable)and family life.
E. Possess solid leadership and management skills and be able to effectively lead ministry teams.
F. Have a love and passion for children and empowering/equipping parents to minister to their children through a personality that can reach out to all types of people and win their trust and confidence.
G. Be a self-motivated, people oriented individual, who can create, develop and implement effective ministry strategies for his or her key areas of responsibilities.
H. Be committed to a teamwork approach and work well with other pastoral staff, leaders,volunteers and ministries within the church. Model good personal discipleship and leadership development habits.
I. Be able to work independently: not needing to be constantly managed and also work well in an unsupervised environment. Be a self-starter and good time manager, goal oriented, detail focused.
J. Be computer literate with an advanced knowledge of Internet and most office (Mac experience is a plus) software as well as, have the ability to learn software applications necessary to do the job.
K. Possess excellent communication and creative relational skills using appropriate mediums such as email, telephone, letters, face to face conversation, texting, social media and website updates.
L. Be flexible to a variety of changing events, schedules and priorities.
A. Oversee all aspects of our growing children’s ministry and ensure a smoothly operating, safe and effective program, as follows:
1. Able to recruit, train, inspire and encourage teachers, volunteers, and parents to minister to children. Background checks will be conducted.
2. Provide ongoing systematic training for all areas of the children’s ministry to ensure a safe, creative, fun and Christ focused experience for children.
3. Identify and develop leaders (adult & student) within the ministry and equip, empower and deploy them for leadership to ensure the ministry has enough mature leaders to accommodate growth and turnover.
4. Meet regularly with staff and teachers to provide information, direction and spiritual reflection.
5. Oversee the quality and content of children’s ministry curriculum and the quality of the teaching and worship experiences.
6. Coordinate outreach events targeting children in the community such as community outreach and celebration events at the church.
7. Provide ongoing parent training opportunities to empower parents to be their children’s primary spiritual teachers.
8. Develop 5th & 6th grade ministry as well as any new programs to fit the growing needs of C3 Kids Ministry.
9. Coordinate occasional special event nights such as parent’s night out where children’s activities are provided.
10. Develop ways for students to serve and identify and nurture leadership skills in students.
11. Be responsible to create, forecast, manage and report on the children’s budget to stay within the approved budget
B. Provide spiritual care for the church family, as follows:
1. Be available to counsel and pray with children and their parents regarding spiritual matters.
2. Visit people from the church affiliated with the children’s ministry who may be in crisis or in the hospital as needed.
3. Follow up with families who are guests and assist them in making C3 their church home with the help of the church staff.
4. Perform baby dedications
C. Effectively communicate to a variety of audiences, which can consist of pastoral staff, team members, church partners, volunteers, key community members, parents and kids.
1. Communication will require advanced use of technology in addition to superb verbal and written communication; such as: print media/graphics, email, social media, website updates, texting, etc.
2. Develop and execute policies and procedures for all children’s activities.
3. Create training aides for team and volunteers including written job descriptions.
D. Work as a member of a strong leadership team supporting and teaching the vision, mission, and values of C3 church.
1. The church’s overall vision is: To love people to LifeChange.
2. The church’s mission is: provide environments where people of all ages can connect with God, grow in their relationship with Him and use their gifts and talents to serve Him.
3. The church’s staff and leadership core values include: developing others, outward focus, authentic relationships, accepting everyone, evaluating everything & being creatively relevant.
IV. ADMINISTRATIVE RELATIONSHIPS
A. Reporting and Evaluation: Will be accountable to and evaluated by the Executive Pastor. Will evaluate annually paid staff under your authority.
B. Coordination: Will coordinate ministry with all other pastoral staff, leaders and volunteers to enhance the ministry of the church.
C. Planning and Execution: Will develop annual budgets, goals and strategies for their area of responsibility with the input of the Executive Director and provide clear communication with regards to progress, results and obstacles.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Parkview Community Church - Elementary DirectorVanderbloemen Search Group
- Glen Ellyn, Illinois
- December 6
Associate Children's Pastor and Upward Sports DirectorFairview Village Church
- Eagleville, Pennsylvania
- December 6
Associate Pastor of Youth and Children's MinistryOnward Church
- Fishers, Indiana
- December 6
Childrens PastorLove and Truth Church
- Jackson, Tennessee
- December 5
Children's Ministry DirectorGrace Church of Fredericksburg
- Fredericksburg, Virginia
- December 5