- Serves as worship leader for the new adult contemporary service on Saturday nights, serves as the worship leader for the youth contemporary service on Sunday mornings; constantly strives to raise the standard of excellence in worship.
- This position is under the immediate supervision of the Associate Pastor over Youth, Young Adults, Missions and Outreach
GENERAL EXPECTATIONS AND SCOPE: (15-20 Hours per week)
- Leads worship at Saturday night service and Sunday morning service
- Plans and chooses set music, offertories and special music as needed
- Sends weekly e-mails with rehearsal plan and worship order
- Supplies music to band members to allow ample preparation and practice time
- Coordinates and visions alongside the Pastors and Ministers
- Meets with potential band members to assess interest
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- A sincere and active Christian faith and participation in the church community
- A passion and understanding of contemporary praise and worship
- The ability to lead students and adults with varying degrees of experience
- Ability to lead and train a band with numerous instruments, skill levels, and experience
- Sound System: Knowledge of (and/or willingness to learn) basic sound system
- In order to apply, please email the following: Cover Letter with short bio of worship leading experience, Resume, and References.
- Please email your application to Lawrence@nrumc.org
- The deadline to apply is November 21, 2012.