We are excited to announce a great opportunity to serve as an Elementary Children’s Ministry Director at Church At Viera (CAV) located in the newer community of Viera on the East Coast of Florida. CAV is looking
for an energetic, proven leader who has a heart for partnering with parents as we endeavor to reach children with the gospel of Jesus Christ.
The ELEMENTARY CHILDREN’S MINISTRY DIRECTOR will provide leadership in all elementary children programming and will be a champion for the family by partnering with parents as they endeavor to be the primary faith influencer in their child’s
- Implement a vision and philosophy for Children’s Ministry that is congruent with the mission and vision of the Church At Viera (CAV).
- Equip parents with opportunities and resources to fulfill God’s plan for the family (Deuteronomy 6:1-9), and to create environments where children and parents become hungry and thirsty for God.
- Champion strategic elementary child milestones that fall within CAV’s overall milestone strategy of family ministry.
- Plan and implement weekend small group curriculum utilizing the assistance of trained volunteers.
- Plan and implement weekend large group curriculum utilizing the assistance of trained volunteers.
- Establish standards for activities and oversee evaluation against those standards to identify progress in achieving the vision.
- Recruit, train, and deploy volunteer staff to ensure quality of programs and effective use of resources to change lives for eternity.
- Provide leadership development and spiritual/pastoral nurture of key adult Elementary Children’s Ministry volunteers.
- Ensure each family is equipped and empowered to reach friends with the gospel.
- Develop and oversee CAV children outreach and evangelism events outside of the weekend services.
- Strengthen the partnership between the church and parents to nurture the faith of children and student.
- Encourage positive "connecting" and healthy communication with families.
- Encourage all families to be connected into community through a small group.
- Maintain communication, cooperation and coordination with all staff and departments of the church.
- Ensure that proper safety and security measures are in place and fully utilized to provide for the physical and emotional well being of all children and volunteers.
- Supervise assigned support staff and paid workers. Select support personnel, assign duties and responsibilities, and perform evaluations.
- Oversee the proper management and care of designated Children Ministry facilities and equipment.
- Oversee the selection and implementation of curriculum for children programs.
- Attend and report Children’s Ministry progress at designated meetings and to church board.
- Other duties as assigned.
Will preferably have a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university and/or equivalent church ministry experience.
Must have a minimum of 3 years of experience in children’s ministry. Must have demonstrated leadership abilities and strategic ministry management. Must have experience in a large church setting with a minimum weekend attendance of 500. Prefer experience
in small group based ministry.
To apply for this position, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A detailed job description is available on our website at www.churchatviera.com .