- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of five years of experience as a Worship Leader or Worship Pastor with a track record of developing and maintaining a healthy Worship Team
- Will work with the Senior Pastor in Sunday service planning, which includes input in the sermons, flow of service, allowance for the ministry of the Holy Spirit and join selection of songs, based upon the message and what we desire to see the Lord accomplish.
- Will be mentored by the Senior Pastor and meet with him weekly. He desires to work with our Lord for your development and genuinely desires to see you thrive with Him, in ministry and in life!
- Knows how to be sensitive to and led by the Holy Spirit in worship, so that if or when He re-directs, we’re able to stay in-step with Him.
- Is strong with (for example) Hillsong, Hillsong United, Matt Redman, or any modern worship teams or leaders but can also do one hymn per week, either with a traditional or modern style. One hymn per week is not a requirement. We can provide a list of
hymns as examples. At present, we only have one service, which represents all ages. Our desire is to play music that all ages can enter into.
- We request a list of songs that you’ve played over the past six months to one year.
- Is good and consistent with introducing new songs
- Is experienced and skilled at helping people to enter into worship with the reading of Scripture and with wise, Spirit-led encouragement
- Is a true shepherd; he or she enjoys being with people; he or she is an extrovert.
- Has experience and success in other areas of ministry (e.g. outreach or assimilation of new members, or overseeing small groups or administration, etc.).
- Other areas of ministry – areas of your strengths and things you’re passionate about -- will constitute the other half of this position. The examples in parentheses are only examples; if you have a strength and passion not listed above, we’re open to hearing
- Is outstanding with communication and conflict resolution and can provide personal examples of this.
- Is outstanding with time management; a self-starter; accountable through a weekly report of activities and quickly responsive to emails, calls and texts.
- Understands the importance of committing to this position for the long term – especially for the benefit and health of the church; values and practices the biblical concept of covenantal relationships.
- Strongly values the fruit of the Spirit; strongly values the gifts of the Spirit.
- Strongly values sound doctrine; strongly values holiness.
- Strongly values and practices a consistent devotional life and worships throughout the week.
- Is a man or woman of peace – who lives in peace and can and desires to impart God’s peace to everyone.
- Will have the opportunity for further training in the art of leading worship by our previous worship pastor.
- Will be able to attend conferences – at least one conference per year.
- Will be encouraged to work hard, but the Senior Pastor will also care for your soul, so that you rest, relax and take two days off per week!
- Will be treated with respect, honor and dignity. You will not be “used,” but
valued. The Senior Pastor will encourage you to speak your mind, depend upon your wisdom and discernment and seek your advice.
About South Hills Community Church
South Hills Community Church was incorporated on Oct. 8, 1969 and is a non-denominational, elder-led church in the Almaden Valley of San Jose, Ca.
Our Vision, Mission and Purpose is to love God, love one another and love the lost into His kingdom.
We are not into “slogans”: we really mean to live the above out in humility, wisdom, unity, sincerity and humility – and great passion for our Lord.
Our Mission, Vision and Purpose statement strategically includes the Great Commandment (Mt. 22:37-39) as well as the Great Commission (Mt. 28:18-20).
The Lord has given us many open doors and effective service in our community – to schools, the San Jose Police Department, a home we founded and support for unwed mothers and a very strong missions emphasis.
We have two outreaches each year that the entire church looks forward to and actively participates in. above all else, we seek to be a healthy church that effectively ministers to each other and to the lost – all to glorify our all-deserving Lord!
Please send all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not send resumes to any of our pastors. Thank you so much!