Are you ready to make a difference for God’s Kingdom? Would you like to serve in a place where the biggest challenge is to keep up with what God is doing? Do you feel the Holy Spirit leading you to serve in the New York metro area? If so, you may be the
person God is calling to join our team.
Five years ago, the people of Wantagh Baptist Church took an amazing step of faith. Full of vision and out of space, they sold their building and committed to a $7.5 million dollar debt to build a new 38,000 sq. ft. facility six miles away and relocate.
While not uncommon in other places, this was the first time an evangelical church had done so on that scale in Nassau County, New York.
On March 21, 2010, that vision became reality when Living Faith Christian Church opened. Just before the move, we averaged 550 in worship. Now, some 900 adults are involved in Small Groups and over 1,300 adults and children attend worship each Sunday.
Total annual receipts now surpass $2.5 million.
During this time, we added ministry and administrative staff to oversee specific needs. They have done an amazing job assisting our three pastors in keeping up with what God has done. Now, we need to expand our senior pastoral staff to include a new Executive
& Missions Pastor.
The Executive & Missions Pastor will be responsible to work with and assist our Senior Pastor with a multitude of tasks. These tasks include planning and executing ministry strategies, overseeing Sunday Ministry Teams, guiding the budget process, and other
administrative needs. In addition, he will have some preaching and teaching responsibilities. Finally, he will be responsible to work with our Missions Team to oversee our missions program.
Applicants must fit all the following requirements for consideration:
- Born-again believer with a solid call to full-time Christian ministry
- Master’s Degree from a fully accredited seminary (Baptist or similar theology)
- Minimum five years full-time ministry experience after seminary
- Ministry experience must include paid staff supervision
- Skilled communicator with solid preaching/teaching experience
- Strong administrative gifts
- Healthy marriage to a Christian wife who is active in ministry
- Sense of call to the culture and people of New York
- Self-starter that appreciates high quality and can deliver same
- Task-oriented but people-focused
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Heart for missions and some type of missions-related experience
If you meet our criteria, and sense God wants you to consider this possibility, please email a resume and cover letter to
ExecutivePastor@LivingFaithNY.org. Deadline for resume submission is November 30, 2012. Those who meet all the qualifications will receive a reply within a week of receiving their materials.
For more information about us, visit our website at:
www.LivingFaithNY.org. May God grant you wisdom as you pray about this amazing opportunity to make a difference for Christ in New York.
“To Him be Glory in the Church” – Ephesians 3:21