This individual will be responsible for planning technical facility and equipment changes and to ensure that all technical equipment related to broadcast and production operations is properly installed, operated and maintained. This position also requires
overseeing subcontractor work and working closely with other departments to provide needed technical support for planning, installation, and maintenance projects. In addition, this position is responsible for ensuring compliance with Industry "Best Practices."
This position will also require maintaining station technical records and documents necessary to comply with all reporting requirements of the Dean of the School of Communication, General Manager of WTLU TV, FCC, FAA and other regulatory agencies having authority
over the technical operation of the TV station.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Manage Engineering Staff
- Manage maintenance and repair of the Broadcast Facilities
- Research and Development for facilities, systems, and equipment
- Planning for future facility, engineering and other requirements
- Diagnose technical system problems and resolve
- Administer Tower compliance for FCC/FAA requirements
- Correspond with FCC Counsel and Technical Consultants
- Assist in development of annual budget with continual fiscal control
- Procure technical hardware quotes for approval and purchasing
- Administer and process Liberty University requisitions
- Broadcast Engineering Management with 15 years of experience.
- Self-Motivated with Broadcast Engineering skills.
- Computer literate with various job related software programs.
- Bachelor’s of Science degree in Engineering or equivalent work experience of over 10 years in the Broadcasting Industry.
apply at: https://jobs.liberty.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=56855