This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Southeast Christian Church
Parker, Colorado, United States
Date Posted: 03/07/2008
Categories: Children's Pastor
Denominations: Christian Church
Church Size: 3001 to 4000
Job Type: Full-Time
Family Ministry exists to create a relevant, interactive and fun environment so that kids have a saving and loving relationship with God. The Elementary Pastor is responsible for overall leadership and program management of elementary age programming. Functioning as a Family Ministry team member, the Elementary Pastor will strive to cooperatively promote an environment where parents and children can learn God's Word to best nurture a loving, personal and committed to relationship with Jesus Christ. The Elementary Pastor builds teams of staff and volunteers to work cohesively together so that the ministry is staffed adequately, has appropriate resources and is most effectively positioned to minister to children. This person will ensure that the philosophy of ministry is in alignment with Southeast vision, values and mandates.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Evaluate/prepare ministry curriculum to ensure a focus that leads children to a solid Biblical foundation and belief structure, and that prepares children to promote into XP56 program.
2. Support Elementary Groups Coordinator efforts in regard to Ministry Partner recruitment, relationship development, schedule, training, promotion and empowerment.
3. Work with Children’s Director to plan for safety and growth within the facility, to create/manage ministry budgets, and to ensure that Journeys operates smoothly; including check-in/out, adult to child ratios, and Ministry Partner transitions. Strive for process efficiency.
4. Strive constantly to have a ministry which is recognized by its exceptional hospitality and gratitude to volunteers, church members and staff; continually maintain a strong, collaborative ministry.
5. Promote a professional and fun environment through creative elements such as signs, banners, posters and decorations that enhance Journeys and our facilities.
6. Plan for holidays and special events, including staffing, extra activities, etc.
7. Participate in Family Ministry, staff and departmental meetings as needed.
8. Oversee main communication tools of Journey’s including web site, newsletters, database, service promotion, online registrations, etc.
9. Develop, equip and resource the Elementary Ministries team so that all employees and volunteers are working well together, have a unified vision and are realizing their goals with excellence.
Essential Skills & Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in the area of Children’s Ministry, Child Development, Children’s Education, related field or equivalent experience.
• 5+ years successful experience in children’s ministry role, in a church of a like size or larger and similar community situation
• Ability to foster good relationships with families, ministry partners and church staff through encouragement, feedback and dedication to win-win situations.
• Well developed communication skills.
• Discipline to practice healthy self-care and well acquainted with spiritual disciplines including serving and sharing faith (ie. practice what you preach).
• Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
• Teachability and ability to seek advice and in t appropriate times.
• Good understanding and insight into philosophy of ministry to children.
• Aility to work well with children.
These responsibilities will be performed in 40-45 hours/week.