Cedar Valley Community Church is passionate about rising above expectations the world has for the church, which typically equate to mediocrity. Instead, we desire and dream for an atmosphere where people come to encounter an amazingly BIG God!
We're a community of Christ-followers who value creative expression, artistic enginuity and lasting relationships through ministry, all while holding tightly to the fundamental truths of Jesus Christ! We do have a culture here at cvCc that the right
candidate would have to fit into...this being a culture where dreaming is normal, the sky cannot the be limit, and if it's impossible, we'll somehow figure out how to make it happen...We would be excited to talk with you, once you've prayed over God's direction
in your life, about this exciting position that will continue to grow alongside of our growing church.
Job Description: The Technical Director is responsible for the oversight of our entire technical team of volunteers and all live audio/video presentation for our weekend services.
Status: Part-Time / 15 hours a week
Work Schedule: Minimum Tuesday mornings, Thursday evenings, and Sunday Services.
Reports To: Worship Arts Pastor
Team: Worship Arts Ministry
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Education: High School degree. Technical training a plus
- Full knowledge of live production, which includes video, audio, lighting, multimedia, music, and staging
- Experience/skill with technical equipment preventative maintenance/troubleshooting.
- Knowledge and passion for platform design and creativity
- Knowledge and ability to operate technical gear including sound mixing, video switcher, multimedia presentation, recording gear, and platform lighting (LED/DMX).
- Experience serving in a production team as a volunteer or staff member
- Strong team building and leadership skills
- Desire to lead Biblically as a lead servant first, which mirrors the culture of cvCc and our goals in ministry
- Able to manage projects and meet deadlines
- Be reliable, take initiative, and be self-motivated
- Spiritual Gifts: Leadership, Service/Helps
Overview of Job Duties (this is a working list and may be adjusted at any time by the Worship Arts Pastor):
- The main responsibility of the Tech Director at cvCc will be to serve as the Audio Engineer for all Sunday morning services. Furthermore, the position also includes all duties required to lead and equip a Sunday morning production team. (I.e. graphics/multimedia,
platform lighting, audio recording, etc...)
- Ability to lead a ministry with a heart that values your relationship with Jesus Christ and the effect you will have on others as a ministry leader.
- Ability to work within a Worship Design Team for weekly planning of weekend services, as well as able to implement plans as the team makes decisions
- Coach technical teams (video, lighting, graphics, recording and platform design) this includes recruiting, training, developing, and scheduling
- Oversee and implement all technical production requirements for cvCc weekend services and major events
- Maintaining control room area by presenting a professional working environment
- Working with the Worship Arts Pastor on any technical needs or equipment purchases
- Manage and maintenance of new sound system and all aspects of technical equipment
- Develops and resources new products, installation of new products, and makes new project recommendations to the team
If interested, please email your resume to