Job Title: Assistant Pastor and Student Ministry Director
Reports To: Senior Pastor
Responsible For: Youth Volunteers
Employee Status: Full Time
Salary Range: DOE
The Assistant Pastor and Student Ministry Director, under the leadership of the Senior Pastor, is responsible for planning, facilitating and operating the High School and Junior High Ministry of the church as well as overseeing, facilitating and encouraging
the church body in critical to growth ministries such as outreach, connection, marketing, and special events.
This person must have a calling to Student Ministry with experience in a church setting and/or enrolled in a degreed program in Student Ministry at an accredited college or seminary.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Design and implement a fully integrated Student Ministry focused towards teens in grades 6th – 12th.
- Operate Sunday School and Weekday programs
- Provide opportunities for one-on-one meetings with the youth for the purpose of discipling them on a personal level.
- Develop a team of adult leaders to assist in the ministry.
- Develop small groups for effective discipleship.
- Encourage, communicate with, and provide resources to the parents of teenagers.
- Create and oversee various outreach events such as community events, game nights, concerts, camps, etc.
- Design servant/leader programs to move teens from disciples to leaders within the ministry, the church and the community.
Church Life and Growth
- Oversee the growth and success of critical church ministries such as outreach, connection, marketing, care and concern and special events.
- When needed, preach the word of God from the pulpit.
- Provide energy, passion, and dedication to the discipling of the church body, both from the pulpit and through establishing personal relationships with church members.
- Assist the Senior Pastor in the varied responsibilities that fall to the staff of the church.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The successful candidate:
- Must be a follower of Christ Jesus and fully support the theology ofChurchofThe Hillsand its leadership team. This individual's commitment to Christ will be evidenced in his/her personal life, family relationships, and ministry.
His/her daily walk with God will be an example to the students with which he/she interacts.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to today’s youth culture.
- Be creative, have a passion and heartfelt concern to evangelize teenagers and to communicate the Word of God effectively to teens.
- Must be high energy, hard working, and possess the ability to motivate others.
- Demonstrate the ability to work efficiently and effectively in team situations as well as the ability to work independently.
- Possess solid time management skills and organizational abilities.
Other desired skills:
- Experience in participating in and/or leading worship
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO:
Raymond van Pletsen (Senior Pastor)
1782 La Costa Meadows Drive,
San Marcos CA 92078
Fax: (760) 744-6111