Do you have a heart for leading an energetic congregation into a deeper worship experience?
Can you put together meaningful contemporary worship music sets each week that challenge a team of dedicated musicians and vocalists to strive for excellence on the platform?
Do you have a vision to lead a responsive congregation from the fun of singing along to a full engagement experience during worship?
Do you desire to extend your ministry relationships beyond the musicians and into the church body to stimulate spiritual growth throughout the congregation?
If you answered “Yes!” to these questions, then we have an exciting opportunity for you!
Laurel RidgeCommunity Churchis searching for a dynamic Worship & Small Group Pastor who can help our contemporary and growing church move to the next level of worship. Our congregation loves to sing guitar-driven music, from Redman and Tomlin to Brewster and Newsboys, as currently lead by a team of volunteer musicians and singers. As we grow in our relationships to God and each other, we also desire to be lead to a new maturity in our ability to offer a deeper and richer worship to our glorious Father.
The Worship & Small Group Pastor is a full-time position that will also oversee the implementation and coordination of the member-lead small group ministry atLaurel Ridge, effectively balancing the responsibilities between the worship (70-80%) and small group ministries (20-30%).
Located approximately 60 miles east ofSan Francisco, in the suburb ofOakley, CA, we are a purpose-driven church serving over 500 attendees and continuing to grow. We strive to reach the surrounding community of over 100,000 people, where a large majority are unchurched.
Compensation & Benefits
Position Title: Worship & Small Group Pastor
Position Type: Full time staff, reports to Lead Pastor
Staff: Administrative assistant (shared)
Compensation: Commensurate with related experience and skills.
Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, monthly allowance for ministry meals
Relocation: Relocation reimbursement available
Responsibilities & Duties
- Lead & nurture the Worship Ministry team made up of volunteer musicians, vocalists and media techs to foster unity and alignment with the church’s vision, mission and philosophy of worship.
- Develop creative, engaging worship experiences for 2 identical Sunday services and occasional special events as planned with the Lead Pastor.
- Facilitate the congregation’s participation in authentic worship.
- Assist in creating the appropriate worship environment for services including the use of lighting, multimedia and stage layouts.
- Coordinate and lead weekly worship team rehearsals.
- Develop, schedule and mentor volunteer musicians, vocalists and tech team members.
- Prepare and manage annual Worship Ministry budget.
- Oversee purchasing and maintenance of church A/V systems.
- Assist pastoral staff in developing and implementing a small group ministry strategy that stimulates spiritual growth and helps build a strong sense of community.
- Train and cultivate small group leaders.
- Create resource lists of small group curriculum.
- Strong walk with Christ, have a clear understanding of scripture and be in agreement withLaurel Ridge’s doctrine, mission and values.
- Excellent stage presence and ability to lead the congregation through music and words.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and at least 3 years leading contemporary worship.
- Ability to lead and mentor others with wisdom and grace.
- Ability to work as a team player on a multi-pastor staff.
- Experience in planning special services.
- Basic working knowledge of A/V technology to facilitate its effective use in worship.
- Strong vision and passion for nurturing and leading the church body in authentic worship.
- Vision and desire for coordinating and encouraging spiritual growth through small group ministry.
Please see our website at www.laurelridgechurch.org for more information on our church and our doctrinal statement.
To apply, please send us your resume and a letter of interest and introduction. Please include links to videos of leading worship at multiple worship events. If a video is not available please send audio files or links. All materials should be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Worship LeaderFirst United Methodist Church of Slidell
- Slidell, Louisiana
- December 2
Worship Leader/DirectorDetroit Church
- Midtown Detroit, Michigan
- December 2
Modern Service Worship Leader (231711)Private Profile
- USA South , Texas
- December 2
Worship PastorChurch of the Way
- Auburn, Georgia
- December 1
Worship Ministry DirectorArvada Church of God
- Arvada, Colorado
- December 1
Laurel Ridge Church
Laurel Ridge Community Church is a growing church community in Oakley, CA within easy commuting distance of Antioch and Brentwood. We are committed to assisting you to grow into a deeper walk with God. More...