Kingwood United Methodist Church
Associate Director of Student Ministries
4,000 Member Church (1,300 Weekly Attendance)
150 member youth program (80 Weekly Attendance)
Kingwood UMC is located 20 minutes North of Downtown Houston in a suburb called Kingwood (AKA. The Livable Forest) Kingwood is a large, growing master plan community with a small town culture.
The goal for our Student Ministries at Kingwood United Methodist Church (KUMC) is to impact students for Christ through connecting them to the Word of God. Our goal is to see students grow in Christ through an increasing knowledge and understanding
of God’s love for them. We hope that every student we encounter leaves feeling Accepted, Noticed, and Loved, and we are looking for an Associate Director of Student Ministries that can partner with our team of youth staff in this endeavor.
This is a full-time position responsible for planning, organizing, and promoting opportunities and events for students to connect with each other, the youth staff, our volunteers as well as the rest of the congregation through intergenerational activities.
This person should have a passion for church unity, not just between different departments within KUMC but also between the many Kingwood student ministries.
This person should possess a recognized passion and calling for youth and youth ministry. This person should have a strong interest in connecting students at the middle and high school level to the Word of God . He/she should relate well
to adults so as to establish and maintain a healthy group of volunteers. This person will need strong organizational and administrative skills and experience in planning and executing youth events and retreats within an established budget. He/she should possess
an outgoing, charismatic personality with strong interpersonal and relational skills.
Specific Skills Needed:
- Personal Devotion
- Desire and visible evidence of a growing, vibrant connection with Jesus Christ. Apart from Him you can do none of this with lasting fruit.
- Communication Skills
- Prepare and deliver a polished 15-30 minute sermon.
- Prepare and lead discussion in a small group Bible study.
- Organizational Skills
- Plan a retreat from idea inception to completion of an event
- Maintain connection with a large number of students
- Exhibit a strong attention to detail, yet has the ability to think outside the box
- Relational Skills
- Initiate a conversation with a total stranger and make them feel accepted noticed and loved by the end of the conversation.
- Able to relate to all ages of youth as well as adults
- Skill in Graphic and Video Design and Editing
- Create and communicate a message to the audience using graphics and video elements
- Create various promotional materials using video and graphic mediums
- Technologically proficient
- Passion for Connecting students to the Word of God
- Possess an undergraduate degree. Other educational success will be considered.
Interested and qualified persons should submit a resume, samples of graphic or video work, an mp3 of a sermon and cover letter. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. Materials should be submitted to