Position Summary: To lead a ministry to children, Kindergarten - 5th grade, and parents to accomplish three primary objectives:
- Reaching – Creating ministry environments to share the Gospel with unreached children and their family.
- Teaching – Developing ministry environments that help children and their parents grow in their relationship with God and others as they are exposed to the truths of the Bible.
- Ministering – Developing a ministry structure where volunteers and paid staff are placed in a position to use their gifts and abilities to meet the ministry needs of children and their families.
Accountability: Associate Pastor of Education
Hours: Full Time
Responsibilities And Duties:
Reaching And Evangelism
- Personally pursue opportunities to share the Gospel with unreached people especially children and their families.
- Innovate, plan and carry out events and programs with the intent of reaching children and their families with the Gospel.
- Provide evangelistic training to children’s ministry workers.
- Provide a discipling process for children who have made or desire to make a profession of faith.
- Create a means to assimilate children into small groups.
Recruiting, Teaching and Development
- Schedule and deliver team orientation and ongoing training for all volunteers involved in the children’s ministry on a regular basis. Ensure that training is consistent with the values and direction of the church and pastor.
- Organize and lead the Children’s Ministry Staff to maintain and expand the Children’s Small Group ministry and Children’s Ministry in general.
- Develop and lead a team to implement and carry the Children’s Small Group ministry on Sunday Mornings which includes a Large Group Teaching and Worship Time as well as Small Group Time.
- Schedule and conduct parenting and family enrichment activities in order to disciple parents to provide Godly leadership in their homes.
- Continually evaluate the children’s ministry at Liberty to judge and improve effectiveness in reaching, teaching and ministering to children and their families.
- Select Biblically based and age appropriate curriculum for each age level in the children’s ministry.
- Expose and education children about local, national and world missions.
Administration & Ministry Details
- Develop and maintain a budget for the Children’s Ministry.
- Refine and implement check-in procedures for children for services and special events to maintain a safe and secure environment for children and their families.
- Maintain and improve volunteer screening processes to ensure the safety of children.
- Lead the Children’s ministry staff through regular staff meetings, supervision and vision casting.
- Provide a ministry structure with trained workers to meet the ministry needs of children and their families.
- Communicate with volunteers personally to express appreciation for their willingness to serve as well as assist them through ministry challenges.
- Demonstrates a Christ-like attitude in performing all work in order to exalt our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
- Faithfully maintains discretion and effectively deals with sensitive and/or confidential information of a written and spoken nature.
- Uses independent judgment to determine work priorities.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Associate Pastor Of Education and the Pastor.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to relate to children and parents personally.
- Ability to recruit and train adult volunteers to be part of a ministry team.
- Ability to learn and abide by Church policies and procedures.
- Ability to communicate in a concise and effective manner and use tact and discretion.
- Hold a minimum of a B.A. or B.S. degree. A Masters Degree in a ministry related field is preferred.
- At least three (3) years experience in leading a children’s ministry.
- Be a self starter with drive, passion and initiative.