Lake Norman Baptist Church
Job title: Youth Ministry Assistant
Purpose: This person would be responsible for assisting the youth pastor. Their primary role will consist of leading and developing the youth praise team for worship on Sunday and Wednesday nights. Other responsibilities will include leading
the sound and worship production teams on Sunday and Wednesday evenings, leading when the youth pastor is away, helping to assist the youth pastor with campus visits, taking the lead on some youth functions and trips, and helping to develop relationships and
Type: Part-time 20 hrs./week
Reports to: Youth Pastor
- A personal relationship with Jesus Christ and has a passion for spiritually investing in students.
- Must be theologically sound and have a thorough knowledge of the Scriptures.
- Able to teach on occasion and facilitate discussions with small groups of students.
- An accomplished musician who can lead a student praise team musically and spiritually.
- Can musically plan and lead a worship service for students on Sunday/Wednesday nights.
- Preferably a college graduate with some seminary training.
- Able to operate a sound system and train others on how to use it.
- Personal integrity, humility, and self-motivated.
- Ability to plan, organize and facilitate youth functions.
- Can lead when the youth pastor is away.
- Technologically savvy and innovative.
- Great attitude and a positive influence on young people.
- Mature, responsible and has a teachable spirit.
- Will report directly to the youth pastor.
- Work closely with the music ministry to help develop skills in music and production
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the youth pastor in making disciples for Christ.
- Lead practice and worship for the Sunday and Wednesday night services for the youth group.
- Help develop the musical talents of the student musicians on the praise team and recruit new musicians.
- Spiritually develop the youth praise team and teach them how to worship.
- Model for the student ministry what true worship is.
- Oversee the sound and worship production needs for the Sunday and Wednesday night youth services with guidance from the church production team.
- Help brainstorm, plan, schedule, and lead youth events throughout the year.
- Lead when the youth pastor is away.
- Assist the youth pastor with home visitations, attending sporting events, and schools.
- Invest in students and share the gospel with the lost.