At LW we are, “Real people, living Relevant lives, Relentlessly pursuing New Life in Jesus Christ.”
Living Water Community Church was established in 1986 by several families committed to being real and relevant, while making a difference in the lives of their children and the people in their community.
Today, the same Spirit that drew those families together not only lives within the people of Living Water, but also reaches out to those in our community. The LW staff is a critical component in continuing this spiritual development. We want to develop real
people who are authentic in their relationship with God and transparent with the people who live around them. We desire the people of Living Water to engage their community and invite others to a next step with Jesus Christ. We strive to be relevant in the
way we talk and live, which creates an environment where we can connect in relationship with each other and more importantly, with Jesus Christ. We have an attitude of a relentless pursuit in seeing those far from God draw near to Him and experience New Life.
LW Staff expectations
- Live in step with Living Water’s values
- Work in team – do nothing solo, but in conjunction with others
- Function in biblical community by listening, learning and speaking the truth from our individual perspectives
- Serve with all your heart always working toward the overall benefit of the church
- Skills - Must be a team builder and able to equip others to carry out effective ministry. Must have the ability to design and implement a disciple making system at the local church level.
- Passionate about children and families and able to communicate the passion and vision.
- Experience as a proven leader in the area of Children’s ministry.
1) Build a children’s ministry leadership team – Develop a team of core leaders that will continually seek God’s heart in developing and re-evaluating the vision and Ministry Action Plan. The ministry action plan includes:
- Development of core leaders
- Develop the team in the L3 format - Loving, Learning, & Leading together
- Reproduce yourself in the core leaders. They will develop the teams to carry out the ministry action plan
- Provide the core leaders the resources necessary to lead their teams
- Creation of the strategy needed for discipling children
- Create a clear purpose for every event and define “win’s” that can be celebrated
- Debrief and refine what is done, create space for new strategy/programming ideas to emerge
- Emerging ideas should be in the area of expanding ministry beyond the children within our church – i.e. community partnerships with schools, partnering with and supporting parents, etc.
- Regularly investigate what the “experts” in your field are saying and doing
- Organize and manage a budget that reflects the M.A.P.
- Recruitment, training, empowering & coaching children’s ministry workers
- Create opportunity to identify adult workers as needed to move children’s ministry forward.
- Provide resources necessary for leaders to succeed – ministry descriptions, training to develop skills, weekly prep materials, etc.
- Provide long term support and ongoing relationship through coaching
- Gather feedback from your children’s ministry staff
- Celebrate with your children’s ministry staff
- Connection & Communication
- Network and build relationships in an effort to build parent trust and get kids excited
- Work with the communications coordinator to utilize various avenues of communication to both parents and kids.
2) Work together with the Staff - . It is our desire to see the LW mission, vision, strategy and values running deep in every area of the church. To accomplish great things, the entire staff must work as a team in Loving, Learning and
Leading. There will be regular staff meetings and various one on one meetings with the Lead Pastor.