IMMEDIATE OPENING FOR an ASSOCIATE PASTOR!
Located in a suburb of Sacramento, California, LifePointe is a 9 1/2 year old non-denominational Christian Church. We believe the CAUSE of Jesus is to give us LIFE TO THE FULLEST and we RELENTLESSLY pursue POINTING people to this abundant joy-filled living.
We preach the word with PASSION! In theology we are biblically conservative but in methodology, our approach is culturally relevant!
LifePointe stands on the edge of exciting opportunities and anticipate God bringing tremendous growth in the near future (both spiritually and numerically). In December of 2011, we moved into our first “church home” after being a “portable church” for 9
years. LifePointe was planted in February of 2003 through STADIA: New Church Strategies. (www.stadia.cc).
We seek an energetic, self-starter who will lead our ministries with passion, diligence and determination. The appropriate candidate should have a proven track record and be strong in: creativity, leadership, enthusiasm, administration and an ability to
connect and lead volunteers.
Develop leaders and build effective Ministries and teams.
- You are responsible for designing and implementing a strategy that will develop and train leaders to start and multiply groups and ministries at LifePointe.
- You are responsible for further developing our LifeGroups (small groups) Ministry. This includes developing a comprehensive LifeGroups strategy that starts new groups, and develops and trains current and future leaders.
- You are to make sure that leaders at LifePointe are well equipped, highly motivated and working together in teams to fulfill our mission and vision.
Teach regularly at LifePointe’s weekend services.
- If you have the ability to teach/preach, you will preach 5 to 15 times a year.
- You will be a contributing member of the creative team that develops and plans most elements of the weekend services.
Provide oversight for volunteer Ministry Leaders.
- You are responsible for recruiting, training and supervising the volunteer Ministry Leaders of the church.
- You are to make sure Ministry Leaders have clear goals and adequate resources to accomplish the tasks and ministries assigned to them.
- Meet regularly with each Ministry Leader as appropriate.
Oversee the Evangelism/Outreach Ministry of the church.
- Develop and implement promotion and marketing strategies.
- Develop and plan outreach events and services.
- Provide oversight to volunteer outreach ministry leaders.
Develop churches systems and structures
- Reorganize and reengineer the systems and structures of the church (org charts, etc)
- Maintain and adapt church systems and structures as needed to keep church healthy and providing an environment for growth
Allow this job description to be a ‘working’ document that changes regularly.
- You are expected to accomplish other duties as assigned (including but not limited to: hospital visits, weddings, funerals, etc).
What we’re looking for in an Associate Pastor:
- Integrity – first and foremost
- Daily connection, devotion & love for the Lord
- Servant’s heart
- Team player
- Faithful Giver: Do not pursue this position if you haven’t been in the practice/habit of giving at least 10% of your income to your local church and have official church contribution records to show it.
- Proven track record
- Excellent communicator who knows and effectively communicates to his audience
- Starter and developer of teams and developer of leaders
- Works well with and develops church systems and structures
- A people encourager
- Ability to develop & strengthen community
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication
- Developer of confidence in others
- Willing and able to effectively resolve conflict
Think outside of the box
- See impossibilities as opportunities
- Willing to do anything but sin to reach lost people
Attention to detail
- Able to make and execute a plan
- Completes tasks in timely, systematic fashion
- Develops systems and structures for effective church ministry
- Prioritizes work efficiently, effectively manage time and has an attention to detail
Take us to next level
- Elevate our whole team to do church better
- Build new teams
- Develop and enhance existing teams
- Resources new ministries
- Develop LifePointe’s systems and structures for more effective and impactful ministry
Education: Bachelors or more
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING STEPS CLOSELY:
Visit our website (www.lifepointe.org), facebook page AND listen to a sermon or two. Carefully read
“ASSOCIATE PASTOR JOB POSTING” found on our website (go to the CONTACTS / FILE CABINET and then you will see the file in pdf format under "No Category"). Or copy and paste the following link to your web browser:
After carefully considering what is desired for the position and after your investigation of LifePointe, if you are interested in prayerfully considering the position, please email a resume and cover letter to
It would be most helpful to send as much of the following as you have available: photos (of you and your family), facebook link, blog link, audio/video files or links of sermons. Also, if you know your Myers-Briggs, DiSC or Strengths Finder results, that
should also be included.
Email this information to email@example.com PLEASE DO NOT CALL. Do NOT leave your resume on the churchstaffing website as we will not see it or receive it!