The position of Assistant Facilities Manager encompasses a wide range of skill sets in the scope of a larger ministry picture. The position will incorporate a person who can be able to detect problems associated with the church facilities and directly or indirectly solve those problems. This may include mechanical, custodial, security, and personnel issues. This position reports directly to the Facilities Director and works hand in hand with the Facilities Director to assure the church facilities are maintained so as to provide an aesthetically pleasing, comfortable and functional building for ministry to occur.
- Will have handy man skills including finish electrical, drywall repair, construction practices such as framing and painting. Assembling furniture by direction, fence repair, door and hardware repair, installing light fixtures, and roof repair.
- Will be able to diagnose and repair routine repairs on lawn equipment.
- Will be able to familiarize themselves with the HVAC systems.
- Will be able to climb and work off step ladders up to 12 feet and extension ladders up to 27 feet.
- Will be able to set up tables and chairs for meetings and ministry events according to written and verbal instructions.
- Will be able to proficiently use an array of power tools such as hammer drill, circular saw, chainsaw, screw gun, and drill.
- Will be able to use a one man lift independently at heights up to 24 feet.
- Will be able to learn and use all cleaning equipment and their proper usage and upkeep.
- Will be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Will be able to work in extreme temperature ranges from freezing to 100 plus weather.
- Will be able to work in winter conditions removing snow and spreading salt.
- Will be able to lift independently 50 pounds for a distance of 20 feet and up to 150 pounds with assistance.
- Will be able to bend over, kneel, and reach above head height.
- Will be able to interact with a wide range of age groups during the work day.
- Will be able to learn best practices in housekeeping including knowledge and usage of all chemical cleaners and reagents.
- Will be moderately proficient in computer use (Microsoft Office Suite,).
- Will be able to be on call and work non-typical hours in case of emergencies, vacation replacement, and major church events.
- Will be able to act as a security agent for the church working closely with the Security officer in charge.
- Will become familiar with key access and fob control Keri Door System
- Will become familiar with the ASC church wide scheduling program.
- Will be able to assist in emergency situations on Sundays during church services if needed.
- Will be able to take on-call status at times in place of the Facilities Director.
- Will be able to assess inventory of needed janitorial and maintenance supplies.
- Will be able to attend regular church wide staff and Facilities staff meetings.
- Will be able to work with city officials, vendors, community leaders, and visitors in a friendly, professional, and helpful manner.
- Will assist in volunteer team recruitment and training.
- Will be able to support the Facilities Director with day to day operations of the church facilities including setup/takedown, custodial, special projects, HVAC, safety, grounds, and general maintenance.
This list is representative of the position and not considered to be all inclusive.
- Must maintain a life that demonstrates the Lordship of Christ.
- Must understand the role of this position in a ministry sense and how it is part of the holistic ministry of Hope Church.
- Must demonstrate a high level of commitment to the intense time, people, and ministry demands of the Hope Church body.
- Must have the initiative that does the right thing at the right time without being asked.
- Must be servant minded that puts others above self.
- Must have the experience/education pre-requisites that attest to qualifications for this position.
- Must be able to multi-task and determine priorities of tasks and requests.
- Must be able to agree to Hope Church staff employee policy manual.
- Must be able to work as a team member allowing for flexibility at times to accomplish ministry goals.
- Must be willing to become part of the Hope Church ministry family upon the acceptance of this position.
- Must adhere to Hope Church’s Statements of Faith.
- Must exhibit integrity in areas of Facilities budgetary systems.
- Must be mindful of cost savings and conservation of church resources.
- Must be able to complete tasks in an appropriate time with high quality.
- Must be able to show proof of job qualifications within a determined period of time after hiring to retain position.
- Must have two years experience or combination of experience/education as a tradesman, maintenance personnel or position that relates to position requirements.
The hours for this position will be as follows:
Mon. 1pm to 9:30pm
Tues. 7:30am to 4:00pm
Wed. 11am to 7:30pm
Thur. 1pm to 9:30pm
Fri. 1pm to 9:30pm
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Facilities ManagerChrist Church
- Rockaway, New Jersey
- January 12
Executive Director, ChristChurch PresbyterianChrist Church Presbyterian
- Atlanta, Georgia
- January 3
PastorThe Shepherd's Staff
- Anywhere, Texas
- December 30
Teacher, Pastor, Missionary, StaffOlive International School
- Beijing, Not Assigned
- August 23