This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Assistant Pastor of Student Ministries
Appleton Alliance Church
Appleton, Wisconsin, United States
Date Posted: 03/21/2008
Categories: Youth Pastor
Denominations: Christian Missionary Alliance
Church Size: 2501 to 3000
Job Type: Full-Time
The Assistant Pastor of Student Ministries will work with the rest of the Student Ministries team to see the glory of God advanced, His kingdom established, and students restored. The Assistant Pastor will hold partial responsibilities in all Student Ministry related areas as we “journey with students as they grow in Christ”. However, this position will have a specific emphasis in the areas of outreach/evangelism, event planning, connections, and missions.
To help the Student Ministry team minister to the Junior and Senior high students and their families by efficiently and effectively completing the following:
1. Maintain outreach aspect of Student Ministry (SM)
- Help Student Ministry (SM) Pastor set philosophy, theology, and expression of evangelism/outreach.
• Work with SM Pastor to develop and maintain the balance of expressing our “Go and Be and Come and See” value.
- Plan and organize “Alive Experiences” for respective ministries.
• Acts of Compassion in community
• Events for students
- Help plan mission trips.
2. Event Planning
- Develop creative events for the purposes of outreach and / or relationship building.
- Work with other Assistant Youth (AY) Pastor to develop and implement Large Group nights
- Develop media components of programs and events
- Support small group leaders in event planning
- Work with other AY Pastor for creative aspects of retreats
3. Connections Development
- Creative ways to develop a welcoming atmosphere at Impact and Quest
- Develo team of students in their respective ministries to focus on welcoming, reaching out, etc.
- Involving students in ministry, both within ASM as well as church-wide.
4. Development as Assistant Youth Pastor
- Necessary theological training
- Development of growth areas
- Opportunities to grow in overall leadership
5. Other (when necessary)
- Preaching at respective ministry nights. Teaching God’s word in a relevant and accurate manner will be a high priority.
- Worship Leading at respective ministry nights.
- Mission trip involvement
- Sunday Classes teacher
- Small group leader
6. To help implement the strategies and action plans to achieve the vision for Student Ministies, while maintaining its values.
7. To be personally committed to faithful prayer and to develop broad support for youth and their families.
8. To walk close to the Lord: Real close.
9. To regularly contact both students and leaders on their turf
10. To counsel students and their families as needed.
11. Any other pastoral duties as assigned.