Located in beautiful Durham, NC, Hope Creek Church is affiliated with the Church of the Nazarene and has over 200 in regular weekly attendance.
The Lead Pastor is responsible for leading the church, teaching the Word of God in an effective and relevant way, shepherding the flock, making disciples, growing the Board’s leadership ability and hiring and releasing staff as the church
needs and they see fit.
As the Lead Pastor your primary responsibilities will include:
- Cast vision for the future of the church and prepare the church for receiving those new partners God will bring to the church
- Teach the Word of God in a relevant and engaging way.
- Oversee the general day-to-day management of church operations
- Develop and support team leaders for our ministry teams and life groups
- Staff Management/Development:
- Hire and develop church staff to match the needs of the church
- Encourage personal and professional growth for church staff and key positions held by volunteers
- Assess performance of church staff and volunteers holding key positions at your discretion, but at least annually
- Address performance concerns and make decisions regarding disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment
- Secure substitute speakers and/or alternate teaching resources to cover both planned and unplanned time away from scheduled services
- Pastoral duties: Including but not limited to consulting, consoling, advising, training, and officiating. Specific areas for these actions include baptisms, marriages, memorial services, funerals, communion, teaching classes, and one-on-one ministering
- Keeping current with emerging trends in Christian worship
- Establish and actively follow a plan for personal spiritual growth and pastoral support drawing on external resources.
- Serve as active chair on the Board of Directors
- Other duties as assigned.
For more information about the church please visit us at