This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Pastor of Family Ministries
Conyngham Valley Bible Church
Conyngham, Pennsylvania, United States
Date Posted: 03/24/2008
Categories: Family Pastor
Church Size: 151 to 250
Job Type: Full-Time
OUR MISSION - Valley Bible Church seeks to be a community where spiritually searching people connect with Jesus Christ, where believers grow as disciples, and where disciples serve as ministers of Jesus’ love.
CHARACTERISTICS OF STAFF MEMBERS
1. Exhibits a lifestyle of consistent spiritual growth and of a deepening relationship with Jesus Christ.
2. Solidly committed to the Core Values of Valley Bible Church.
3. Must work as part of a “true team” ministry and models “doing church as a team.”
4. Serves with the goal of “making disciples who make disciples”, of developing leaders who serve in ministry based on their spiritual gifts, and who is passionate about identifying and developing leaders who will reach this and the next generation with the Gospel.
5. Seeks excellence in all things while living with a servant’s heart.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
This position is responsible for the Family Ministries of the church at a leadership level. Commensurate with this family focus, the Minister to Families will provide supervision for a staff that includes the Nursery Director, Pre-School Director, Kidzone Director and Student Ministry Team. Our church is on a mission for Christ. We are in the process of develo strong team of gifted leaders who are committed to Christ and to each other in order to fulfill God’s mission for our church. The position will be responsible for the leadership and oversight Family Ministries with a vision to expand them and staff them in the future.
SUPERVISOR (S) OF POSITION
Directly responsible to Pastor Jeff Butala.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
This position requires someone who is skilled in working with people and with management principles. It is mandatory that the candidate has a working knowledge of the purpose driven church model, relevant life changing ministry and organizational management.
• Projects a professional and confident image, able to handle a stressful pace
• Ability to handle confidential information
• Proven leadership skills
• Strong communication skills (both oral & written)
• Ability to work in a multi-task environment
• Strong administrative and organizational skills
• Steady, positive attitude
• People-oriented, team player
• Faith based leadership that thrives on pioneering and building.
• Customer service minded
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Publisher, Power Point, Outlook
The position requires previous experience working in Family Ministries (nursery, pre-school, children, youth and young adult) in a healthy church environment. A person who is passionate about and experienced in carrying out Christ-centered, Bible-based, relevant, life-changing ministry is desired. A familiarity with and acceptance of the Purpose Driven, North Point, and Willow Creek models of ministry is required.
A 4-year Bible College or Seminary degree is required. The position requires a person who desires to be challenged, grow and be committed to be a lifelong learner.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS REQUIRED
Requires regular and friendly communication with the volunteer staff, a commitment to help connect people with the Valley Bible environments, and regular communication with the staff and leadership regarding information gained during the course of a day.
In this multi-faceted volunteer environment, this position requires a person who is a team player, visionary, a self-starter, and one who follows through well and completes projects that are assigned.
One who is both a people person best fills this position and is task oriented. This person must work well unsupervised, and have the ability to delegate and equip lay leadership to carry out ministry. A workstation will be provided in the church office with computer, printer, and Internet access provided.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES – Family Ministries (Listed in order of their Priorities)
1. Support, Educate & Encourage Parents to succeed in their God-given role as parents, leaders & primary caregivers of their families.
2. Develop the existing children (KIDZONE) & youth (Reality Training) ministries of the church into a vibrant Purpose Driven Family Ministry compatible w/ the vision, philosophy & strategy of Valley Bible Church as it supports families &helps them succeed in living relevant Christian lives that impact others for Christ (Reality Training)
3. Be an example, lead & challenge young believers & parents in word & deed to love & live for God as their number one priority & value in life.(1 Tim.4:12-14)
4. Initially responsible to lead, direct & oversee the KIDZONE volunteer staff of Valley Bible Church to its next step of development as a vibrant relevant Family Ministry that will impact Valley Bible Families on a weekly basis, & the families of our Valley through periodic Community Outreach events (Family Jam events).
5. Train & mobilize a leadership team for KIDZONE & delegate the leadership to a director for the weekly operational function of the KIDZONE
• The specific duties of this position will involve encouraging, recruiting, training & managing volunteer staff, coordinating the materials & following the CVBC Strategy and Strategic plan. (Family ministries include Nursery, Preschool, KIDZONE (K-5), Jr High, Sr. High Youth, College & Career age.
6. Long term: Oversee the Directors of the Family Ministries Dept. (Nursery/Preschool Director, KIDZONE Director, Jr High & Sr High staff)
7. Provide 4-6 specific opportunities a year to support and teach married couples & Families / Single parent families to develop the skills needed to build strong marriages & healthy families. (These can be in coordination with the preaching pastors family series, the Weekend preaching/communicating opportunities this position will provide and/or in coordination with occasional conference speakers or local event participation)
8. Create a 20 Something’s ministry (small group) to carry out God’s Purposes as they relate to that important age group
9. Occasional Preaching & Sunday Worship pulpit supply opportunities, Pastoral Care opportunities, Hospital Visits, Weddings and Funerals
Subject to a six-month evaluation from start date to determine productivity and satisfaction quotient. Following the initial period, a review will be done every year.
Send resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. A DVD with preaching and youth leadership examples will be required.