This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Children's Division Director
Valley Baptist Church
Bakersfield, California, United States
Date Posted: 04/07/2008
Categories: Children's Pastor
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 2001 to 2500
Job Type: Full-Time
Experience: Working with children, child development classes, Bible College or Seminary.
1) Direct Sunday School and ministry work as follows:
-Oversee and participate in the recruiting and training of leaders in each class/division.
-Work with Children's Ministry Staff and Ministerial Staff on a regular basis as part of the recruiting process.
-Provide leadership opportunities specific to Children's Ministry while still participating in the general leadership training of the entire Sunday School.
-Promote and participate in all promotions and events related to the Children's Division and the entire Sunday School.
-Participate in scheduled workers' meetings and lead the Children's Division during these meetings to effectively accomplish the work of the Sunday School.
2) Oversee and participate in a regular witnessing program that ensures an opportunity to know and receive Christ for each child.
3) Ensure the effective tracking of each new child to Valley for a six-month period.
4) Coordinate and participate in the invitation time of each regular worship service, ensuring that baptism and / or decision information is passed along.
5) Coordinate and participate in the New Believers class for children emphasizing early steps in the faith, church membership and basic Christian doctrine.
6) Review Children's Division Sunday School folders weekly to ensure effective ministry in each class/division.
7) Oversee upper Classmen Ministry for 6th graders.
8) Serve as VBS Director under the leadership of Pastor Phil Neighbors.
9) Serve as Bus Ministry Director.
10) Prepare, submit and administrate an annual budget for the needs of the Children's Division.
11) Supervise the Associate Children's Director and Children's Division Staff. 12) Supervision to be given by Minister of Education.