This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Minister to Single Adults
Valley Baptist Church
Bakersfield, California, United States
Date Posted: 04/07/2008
Categories: Single Adult Pastor
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 2001 to 2500
Job Type: Full-Time
Experience: Working in Ministry, Bible College, and Seminary.
Principle Function: To assist the Senior Pastors with the ongoing ministry of the church with a primary emphasis on Single Adult Sunday School, and ministry placement.
1) Design and implement a complete single adult ministry paying particular attention to the felt needs of each age group (ages 30 – 60).
2) In the process of building a strong single adult ministry, will strive to place an emphasis on building strong single adult leaders who can minister through the church.
3) Using the vehicle of the Sunday School as the primary assimilation tool will seek:
a. To assimilate all new members who are singles.
b. To assist all singles to become a part of the main stream of the vital Church life.
c. To track all new members who are single, so that they may be successfully integrated into a Sunday morning Bible Study Class.
4) Recruit and train workers foe the single adult ministry both in Sunday School and the various auxiliary and support ministries concerning single adults.
5) To be available to counsel in a pastoral sense to single adults, and provide adequate resources and referral as needed.
6) Prepare and submit an annual budget for needs of the Single Adult Ministry and administer the approved budget according to Church policy.
7) Review and evaluate the Single Adult Ministry on a regular basis to check its progress and make any needed adjustments after such an evaluation.
8) Provide training and education for both class and departmental leadership that would aid in the execution of the Sunday School workers’ responsibilities.
9) Direct and oversee the Single Adult Sunday School Division meetings as a part of the total Church Sunday School program.
10) Assign to each class in the Single Adult Division Prospects that will be received from the Senior Staff or Data Entry Clerk. Follow up to insure that each prospect has been contacted.
11) Share in pastoral ministries as needed: prospect and membership visitation, hospital visitation, counseling weddings, baptisms, planning and calendar coordination, etc.
12) Fill the pulpit, as requested, in the absence of the Senior Pastors.
13) Supervise the work of any assigned paid staff member.
14) Supervision is to be given by the Minister of Education.