This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Venice Bible Church
Venice, Florida, United States
Date Posted: 04/09/2008
Categories: Worship Pastor
Denominations: Bible Church
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Full-Time
The Worship Minister is responsible for the oversight, administration, and overall quality of the Church’s worship, music, performing and visual arts ministries. Working together with the Senior Pastor, ministry and support staff, and volunteers, the Worship Minister shall develop, and administrate those portions of the Church’s life related to corporate worship. The Worship Leader shall be musically talented, and gifted spiritually in such a way that allows them to lead the congregation in a God honoring Jesus Christ Centered worship experience. The Worship Minister shall be of good character as listed in 1 Timothy Chapter 3, and exhibit sensitivity to the Holy Spirit in their ministry and life.
· Must be a committed and growing believer in Jesus Christ whose faith is in harmony with the VBC statement of faith, mission and vision.
· Must display a passion for God and a love for those under their leadership
· Must demonstrate leadership qualities; including the ability to lead skilled musicians, and gracefully handle conflict or other challenges inherent with his position. Shall create and maintain high standards for musical involvement in worship striving for excellence.
· Must relate as a mentor to our serving musicians and volunteers in particular, and be capable of contributing to worship with Scripture and insights.
· Must possess musical qualifications including the ability to vocally lead worship, and have the capability to lead a worship team with either keyboard and/or guitar, and arrange instruments and vocal. An educational background in Music and Bible College Degree is required. A calling and passion for this ministry is required.
· Must be conversant in traditional Church music as well as trends in contemporary Christian music and demonstrate a commitment to continuing musical/spiritual education.
· Must be a team player, demonstrating relational skills and gracious interactions, and must be willing and able to minister to the body at large as needed.
· Must have 2 years previous experience and success in the utilization of these skills.
· Shall oversee and lead the worship services of Venice Bible Church. This would include regular Sunday Service, Special occasions or services, and outreach programs into the Venice community.
· Shall oversee and facilitate the regular practice and preparation for the previously mentioned worship services.
· Shall Recruit, train and direct musicians who accompany and lead in worship.
· Shall have oversight of the church’s music department, instruments, sound and media equipment. Shall develop and manage an approved budget for the Worship Ministry.
· Shall have direct oversight of the worship audio/visual department and services. Shall assist with our Internet ministry, and be capable of running media shout and outlook, or willing to learn these skills.
· Shall be responsible for the overall appearance of the worship atmosphere.
· Shall carry out VBC’s philosophy of a blended worship style demonstrating sensitivity to both young and old; incorporating contemporary and some traditional music into worship; accompanied by a variety of instruments and multi-media elements including drama, and video; and shall see that ministry reaches for excellence.
· Shall encourage and accommodate the presentation of guest artist upon occasion.
· Shall actively train others in the leading of worship. Shall develop instrumental, vocal, and other musical venues, adult and youth as may be appropriate. Shall mentor the Youth Ministry Worship Team.
· Shall directly oversee ushers, greeters and overall facilitation of Sunday worship ministries, including communion. Shall be involved in the planning of baptisms, baby dedications, weddings, and funerals.
· Shall be capable of musical outreach programs, and shall plan and lead special events including Christmas, Easter, and other holiday worship celebrations.
· Shall participate through full involvement with staff, elders, and this congregation: Assisting in the overall needs in ministry of VBC for the glory of God.
Under Jesus Christ, who is the Head of the Church, the Worship Minister shall be accountable to the Board of Elders, with direct accountability to the Senior Pastor. The Worship Minister shall coordinate and consult with other ministry staff and volunteers to facilitate the worship experience of VBC.