This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Minister to Children
Cave Spring Baptist Church
Roanoke, Virginia, United States
Date Posted: 04/10/2008
Categories: Children's Pastor
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Full-Time
Children’s Ministry Purpose Statement
The children’s ministry at Cave Spring Baptist Church seeks to develop Biblical literacy and Christian character in children age birth through 5th grade.
The Minister of Children will work closely with the Minister of Education to oversee the organization, planning, staffing, coordinating, budgeting, and evaluation of the Children’s ministry to ensure that it facilitates the development of Biblical literacy and Christian character in children birth through 5th grade.
Specific List of Objectives
1. Organize - determine the best frame work or structure for the Children’s ministry to carry out its work and achieve its purpose. Organizing considers its purpose and resources, and ensures that all components work toward common goals and objectives. Organization must change as resources become available.
2. Plan - Plan the best course of action to achieve objectives, considering resources. This involves setting short and long term goals. Determine the best curriculum.
3. Staff - Assess leadership needs within the dept. Assess spiritual gifts. Identify needs and provide training to staff. Continually identify leaders from within the church and recruit. Work with the nominating committee. Develop job descriptions and implement teacher training. Ensure the safety of Children by using background checks on all workers, ensure that security policies are adhered to. Train staff to be able to teach and work harmoniously toward common objectives.
4. Implement - Coordinate all parts and workers to achieve the dept. goals and objectives. Develop unity with the education team. Continually communicate vision and ensure the direction and purposes are being met.
5. Budget - Seek God to determine and develop a sensible budget to ensure objectives are met. Ensure the budget is met and records are kept. Evaluate budget as needs change. Dispense budget in conjunction with budget committee.
6. Evaluate - Continually evaluate the Children’s department to ensure it is meeting its goals and achieving its purpose. Analyze space, atmosphere, morale, effectiveness of teachers, training needs, organizational structure, etc. Make appropriate changes based on evaluations.