This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Children's Ministry
Resurrection Lutheran Church
Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
Date Posted: 04/11/2008
Categories: Children's Pastor
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Full-Time
DIRECTOR OF CHILDREN’S MINISTRY
RESURRECTION LUTHERAN CHURCH, SCOTTSDALE, ARIZONA
FUNCTION: The Director of Children’s Ministries has overall responsibility for the ministry to children and their families (from birth through 6th grade) and shall supervise, direct and evaluate all such children’s programs.
• Strong person of faith
• Passion for children, family and faith
• Strong people and administrative skills
• Professional / College Degree / Teaching Experience
• Leadership and Pastoral skills and the ability to influence others
• Person of Vision
SUPERVISION: The Director of Children’s Ministries reports to the Senior Pastor and works with the staff of Resurrection Lutheran church.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Manage and facilitate all programs directed to children and families from infancy through grade 6. The current Children’s Ministry programs include: Milestones; Sunday school; Vacation Bible School; summer camp; K-6th grade fellowship and discipleship activities.
2. Empower and equip the Children’s Ministry team, Children’s Ministry leaders and Preschool
3. Active member of Resurrection staff and the Preschool board.
4. Evaluate and/or develop new materials for teaching and communicating with elementary age children.
5. Develop promotional materials to advertise and promote Children’s Ministry programs.
6. Promote the preschool within the church.
7. Develop and manage the budgets for the Children’s Ministry programs.
Starting annual salary - $36,000 plus benefits
Contact: Bruce A. Jackson, Director of Operations/Ministry Support
email@example.com; or 602-971-7979