This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Pastor of Student Ministries
Swift Creek Baptist Chruch
Midlothian, Virginia, United States
Date Posted: 04/14/2008
Categories: Youth Pastor
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Full-Time
PASTOR OF STUDENT MINISTRIES
The Pastor of Student Ministries is responsible to the church under the direction of the Pastor of Education for the ministries involving Junior and Senior High students. Direction of these ministries will be in cooperation with the objectives of the church.
1. Student Ministry Staff
• Oversee the Student Ministry Staff
• Attend staff meetings on behalf of Student Ministries
2. Student Ministry
• Under the direction of the Pastor of Education:
• Plan, implement, and evaluate a comprehensive program of spiritual development and Christian education to Junior and Senior High students..
• Recruit and train volunteer adult and youth staff..
• Oversee volunteer teachers for Junior and Senior High Sunday School Classes.
• Plan and lead Sunday night worship for Students and oversee small group activities.
• Plan and oversee Wednesday night student discipleship training.
• Plan outings and activities throughout the year (e.g. retreats, ski trips, Bible studies, trips to parks, missions trips etc.)
• Be involved in lifestyle evangelism with lost youth in our community.
• Meet with Junior and Senior High students at local schools and other such activities to the extent possible.
• Participate in visitation, particularly as it involves visitor’s to ministry events
• Be responsible for beginning new classes and aiding in the transitions
3. Student Family Ministry
• Participate in family counseling sessions when appropriate
• Periodically teach family-oriented studies (e.g. marriage, parenting, communications)
5. New Believer Training
• Counsel with and disciple new believers.
• Attend and participate in weekly Ministry Staff meeting
• Ministry Planning Team - quarterly
7. Hospital Visitation
• One assigned day per week
• Others, as need arises
8. Contribute to the preparation of an estimated annual Education and Discipleship budget regarding Student Ministry activities
9. Supervise appropriate church staff members as assigned.
10. Cooperate with SBCV leaders in promoting activities of mutual interest.
11. Keep informed on methods, materials, principles, procedures, promotion and administration as related to the education program.
12. Other duties as assigned by the Pastor of Education.