This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Associate Pastor of Pastoral Care and Ministry Development
Living Light Church
Winona, Minnesota, United States
Date Posted: 04/17/2008
Categories: Associate Pastor
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Full-Time
Ministry Position Available at Living Light Church
Associate Pastor of Pastoral Care & Ministry Development
Living Light Church, a dynamic, non-denominational, full gospel Christian fellowship in Winona, Minnesota (See: www.visitwinona.com ) is currently seeking an Associate Pastor of Pastoral Care and Ministry Development to join our Staff. Beautifully situated on the Mississippi River, Winona is a city of roughly 30,000 people with an additional 10,000 college students. Our worship style in both of our two Sunday morning services is contemporary with a mix of some traditional. Living Light Church is committed to cooperating with God’s plan to reach and disciple our community for Him. Our mission is to “Glorify God through changed lives.”
This position will provide general pastoral care to the body as well as leadership, development and oversight for the major ministry leaders of the church. This is a full-time, salaried position with benefits for a person with strong pastoral, motivational and administrative gifts. A qualified individual must have a personal, authentic walk with the Lord Jesus Christ. They must be Spirit-filled and comfortable moving in the gifts of the Spirit. Previous experience and/or applicable education are required. Please see our website for our doctrinal statement and to learn about Living Light Church. www.livinglightchurch.org
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to:
Or you may mail to: Living Light Church
850 Hwy 14
Winona, MN 55987
Candidates of interest will also be asked to forward information on their ministry values, doctrine and personal references.
Job Description Details
(Updated: April 2008)
1. A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ. A vital, growing, personal relationship with Him through personal devotion, worship and prayer life.
2. Meets the qualifications of church leader as set forth in God’s Word (1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9 and 1 Peter 5:1-4).
3. Possesses a shepherd’s heart with a value on servant leadership and team ministry.
4. Practical experience in pastoral ministries in a local church.
5. Committed to maintaining health in their relationship to their spouse and family (if applicable).
6. A commitment to ongoing personal and spiritual growth in the Lord.
7. Agreement and commitment to the theology, mission, philosophy and worship culture of Living Light Church.
8. Willingness to be ordained within Ascension Fellowships International (See www.afichurches.net))
1. Provide pastoral care to the body through prayer, personal ministry, counseling, home visits, phone calls, hospitality etc.
2. Oversee and develop the ministries of the Living Light Church, directing and training ministry leaders.
3. Be available to teach ministry related classes.
4. Provide occasional preaching on Sunday mornings.
5. Interact with the staff and provide input for the ministry of the church.
6. Be committed to further training and personal growth through attending various conferences and workshops.
7. Provide leadership to the church and staff functions in the absence of the Senior Pastor.
8. Assist the Senior Pastor with specific ministry projects as requested.
1. The Associate Pastor will report to the Senior Pastor directly and will work laterally with other pastoral staff.
2. While the pastoral staff is under the spiritual covering of the Board of Elders, the Senior Pastor oversees and directs the pastoral and ministry staff.
3. The Office Administrator and Church Secretary will be available to aid the Associate Pastor in administrative duties as time allows.
4. The Senior Pastor will conduct a performance review of the Associate Pastor at 3 months, 6 months and then annually.
5. Financial compensation recommendations for all staff positions will be annually reviewed by the Finance Team.