This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Family Life Church
Orlando, Florida, United States
Date Posted: 04/21/2008
Categories: Youth Pastor
Church Size: 151 to 250
Job Type: Full-Time
We are highly multi-cultural and are contemporary in worship. We have a phenomenal band and utilize media within the worship experience. We are a relevant non-denominational church that is close in doctrine to the Assembly of God.
We meet in an attractive elementary school in south Orlando and are located 25 minutes east of Disney in a highly populated developing part of Orlando.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The Pastor of Student Ministries will oversee ministries of outreach and discipleship to Junior High and Senior High in our church and community, including but not limited to the following duties.
a. Direct Leadership to the Junior High Ministry
1) supervision of the leaders to Junior High Students (6th-8th grades)
2) oversight of the overall effectiveness of the Junior High program
b. Direct leadership of the Senior High Ministry (9th-12th grades)
1) direction of the Sunday and weekday programs of the Senior High department
2) recruitment, training and leadership of a volunteer staff
3) design and implementation of suitable socials, outreaches and ministries
4) development of a working relationship with parents
5) availability to counsel students and provide needed pastoral care
6) maintenance of regular office hours
7) administration of the Senior High budget
c. Supervision of the Student Ministry Assistant
d. Supervision of the maintenance and scheduling of church vehicles
e. Support of the entire church ministry and activities, including
a. a clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ
b. consistent spiritual and moral character and lifestyle, complying with the philosophy of Family Life Church and the biblical leadership qualifications described in 1 Timothy 3:1-13.
c. agreement with the doctrinal statement of Family Life Church
d. competent in organization, administration and interpersonal relationships
e. potential and desire to remain in a long-term ministry at Family Life Church.
f. competent in Bible teaching and speaking to youth
g. successful youth ministry experience
h. adequate skill and education for the position (minimum 2yrs Bible/Ministry Training)
a. Between $27,000-$33,000 YR depending on education and experience (this is all inclusive).
b. Two weeks of vacation beginning 6 months after employment.
c. Yearly conference to sharpen skills and spiritual renewal.
****Please do not call the church but send your resume with picture to firstname.lastname@example.org