This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Youth & Family Ministry
St Lukes Lutheran Church
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
Date Posted: 04/21/2008
Categories: Christian Higher Education
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Full-Time
St Lukes Lutheran Church – ELCA - Director of Youth & Christian Education.
A growing and dynamic Christian community in the greater Grand Rapids Michigan area seeks a Director of Youth & Family Ministry. Full time position includes salary plus benefits. Ideal candidate will have earned a BA or BS degree from an accredited four-year college, or have extensive experience working with youth and youth ministry.
To lead the youth to grow in their relationship with Christ and their relationship with others through small groups, Christian education, congregational involvement and community service.
1. Further develop and supervise a youth ministry program that will encompass grades 3rd-12th.
2. Build peer relationships among the youth that encourages faith sharing and support of one another as they grow in Christ.
3. Assist with Christian Education, including Catechism, LOGOS, Sunday School, and Vacation Bible School.
4. Equip and Educate families to be actively involved in the faith building of their child.
5. Build a foundation of adults to be involved with the youth ministry program.
6. Encourage and equip youth for service in the church, community, and beyond.
7. Help Coordinate and support the Youth and Christian Education committees.
8. Serve as a liaison with other youth groups and leaders within the Grand Rapids area, the North/West Lower Michigan synod, and the ELCA.
Interested candidates should send a letter of interest and a copy of their resume with background and experience to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in St Lukes Lutheran in Grand Rapids, MI!