This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Christian Education Coordinator
Tigard United Methodist Church
Tigard, Oregon, United States
Date Posted: 04/24/2008
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 151 to 250
Job Type: Part-Time
Job Title: Christian Education Coordinator
Church: Tigard United Methodist
Job Start Date: ASAP
Hours: 20 hrs/wk (Sunday + flexible weekday schedule)
Contact Name: Mary Ulrich
Contact Address: 9845 SW Walnut Place, Tigard, OR 97223
Contact Phone: (503) 639-3181
Contact Email: email@example.com
To be responsible for curriculum selection, overall planning, organizing and recruiting of volunteers, promoting, and evaluating the Christian Education ministry of Tigard United Methodist Church to ensure educational opportunities are available for all age groups.
Essential Job Functions: (for a more complete job description please contact TUMC)
• Select Christian Education Curriculum
• Develop calendar for Christian Education year
• Create brochures or other marketing material for Christian Education
• Coordinate and oversee Vacation Bible School
• Develop the Educational Ministries guided by the Vision of the Congregation
• Recruit Volunteers
Sunday Morning Responsibilities:
• Coordinate, observe, and evaluate Sunday School and Activity time
• Support teachers in needs that may arise for supplies, copying, and etc…
• Record and observe needs, problems, and improvements to discuss with appropriate persons.
• Plan, prepare, and provide training for teachers
• Keep abreast of new developments in Christian Education and implement as needed
Certified in Christian Education
Strong written skills for e-mails, newsletter, and marketing info
Excited about adult as well as children’s education
Enjoys teaching and leading discussions
Has a good network or community connections
This position requires a criminal history background check.
If You Are Interested:
Qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest describing relevant qualifications and a current resume. Completed applications will be reviewed weekly.