This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Children's Ministry Director
Grace Community Church
Fulton, Maryland, United States
Date Posted: 04/28/2008
Categories: Children's Pastor
Church Size: 2501 to 3000
Job Type: Full-Time
Children’s Ministry Director
Children’s Ministries at Grace Community Church exists to be a biblically functioning body of believers that builds followers of Christ by introducing children to God. We endeavor to partner with the family, as a body impassioned to value children, in laying down a spiritual foundation that leads a child into a growing relationship with Christ.
This is a Director level position with a direct report to the Pastor to Staff and Families. The position requires a team player with a love for children and a concern for their spiritual growth. The CM Director should be able to use educational models to enrich the environment for spiritual growth and we prefer an educational background or a willingness to gain one. This position should be a leader with the ability to oversee a direct report staff of five employees and cultivate new leadership with ministry.
This position is full time with a full benefits package including but not limited to health, dental, long term disability, life and a 401(k) plan.
1. Create an environment where making church GREAT for kids is understood and owned by the majority of the Body.
2. Set ministry vision/goals with the team that inspire and empower children’s ministry to the next level and contribute to the accomplishment of our Body-wide identity and Strategy.
3. Encourage and establish systems to support, celebrate and develop leaders,
volunteers and families.
4. As a leader of leaders, cultivate, recruit and develop leaders of leaders and help them to stay encouraged and excited about what they bring to God at Grace.
5. Foster team spirit/unity among Children’s Ministry volunteers and Children’s Ministry staff.
6. Produce an annual budget that reflects the whole team’s goals and directs our resources to what God is doing among us.
7. Create and enhance a cohesive flow of the ministry to children birth to 5th grade.
8. Oversee, direct and develop the totZone Ministry staff and the Director of kidZone.