This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Grace Community Church
Fulton, Maryland, United States
Date Posted: 04/28/2008
Categories: Children's Pastor
Church Size: 2501 to 3000
Job Type: Part-Time
CM Pre-School Director
Children’s Ministries at Grace Community Church exists to be a biblically functioning body of believers that builds followers of Christ by introducing children to God. We endeavor to partner with the family, as a body impassioned to value children, in laying down a spiritual foundation that leads a child into a growing relationship with Christ.
The overall role of this position is to:
1. Work with the CM team to set ministry vision and goals that move the pre-school ministry forward and contribute to the alignment with the Body-wide identity and Strategy;
2. Encourage and establish systems to support leaders, volunteers and families with 2-4 year old children;
3. Recruit and develop leaders and help them to stay encouraged and excited about what they bring to God at Grace;
4. Provide a safe environment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Establish, communicate and oversee the goals with the 2-4’s teams.
2. Support Systems include but are not limited to, feedback and problem solving, develo relationship with parents, and communication with volunteers.
3. Develop existing leadership for teams and delegate responsibility effectively.
4. Assist volunteer leaders in recruiting and training volunteers for this age group.
5. Oversee the set up of rooms and equipment needs.
This position is a direct report to the Children’s Ministry Director and oversees the group leaders of volunteer teams in the preschool ministry. We require a team player with a love for children and a concern for their spiritual growth. This person should be able to use educational models to enrich the environment for spiritual growth and have the leadership skills necessary to recruit, train and develop volunteers within the preschool ministry.