This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Worship and Music
CrossBridge Community Church
Lakeway, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 04/30/2008
Categories: Worship Pastor
Church Size: 101 to 150
Job Type: Part-Time
Develop and lead contemporary music and praise during Christian worship services for a small portable church (approx. 120 members); be responsible for providing the best possible music for worship services and other church events. He/she shall seek to provide music leadership, including music education for children through adult ages.
To serve the church by develo contemporary and relevant worship experience to meet the needs of the congregation. Coordinate with the congregational Pastor and the Programming Team. Provide leadership and organization to worship volunteers involved in this ministry.
Reports to: Pastor of congregation or, in the absence of a staff Pastor, the Board of Directors.
Leads: Volunteers in band and worship support
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Maintain an authentic & growing walk with Jesus Christ through the ongoing spiritual disciplines of Bible reading, prayer, personal worship, fasting, confession, fellowship.
2. Coordinate all aspects of the worship service with the preaching pastor and programming team.
3. Demonstrate and provide spiritual growth/leadership to all those who serve in this ministry.
4. Prepare video presentations.
5. Research and select appropriate music for worship services. Assist with the selection and preparation of video presentations appropriate for service theme.
6. Recruit, rehearse and direct musical and/or vocal groups for participation in services.
7. Lead congregational singing and participation.
8. Find & plan ways to use music to reach out to the community evangelistically.
9. Interact with sound, light, and computer volunteers, as necessary, to ensure a quality worship experience.
10. Lead the music team as a small group community & develop others to share in the responsibilities of that team.
11. Find & expose CrossBridge’s worship team to worship training provided by other ministries, books, conferences, etc.
12. Develop and coordinate special worship services for seasonal events with the pastor and programming team.
13. Develop and supervise the maintenance of musical library.
14. Supervise the maintenance of musical instruments belonging to the church.
15. Attend meetings with appropriate committees, officers and leaders in carrying out the worship ministry of the church.
16. Build contacts & relationships with local musicians, studios & clubs for both evangelistic & staffing purposes.
17. Help with all aspects of services (prayer, communion, baptisms, teaching) as needed.
18. Coordinate special Worship services.
19. Work with the Sound Team to ensure all equipment is up to date & working.
20. Assist in preparing an annual budget for the music ministry.
1. Maintain an authentic & growing walk with Jesus Christ .
2. Christian belief and knowledge of current Christian contemporary music.
3. Willingness to work with qualified volunteers in contemporary praise team setting. Capable of developing music charts and/or MP3 music for praise team band members.
4. Ability to interact with congregation during worship service.
5. Verifiable experience with a band setting including instruments such as drums, guitars, keyboard as well as singers and sound equipment.
6. Ability to conduct organized and managed practices efficiently and respecting volunteers time commitments.
7. Work approximately 20 hours a week.