This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Community Bible Church
Davis, West Virginia, United States
Date Posted: 05/02/2008
Categories: Senior Pastor
Denominations: Bible Church
Church Size: 50 to 100
Job Type: Full-Time
1. Provide leadership in the worship of God
2. Teach and preach the Word of God. Ministry of the Word and Prayer.
3. Lead the church in providing ministries and evangelism
4. Visitation of church members, visitors, and prospects among the unsaved.
5. Weekly Nursing Home ministry.
6. Lead the church regularly in the observance of the Lord's Supper, baptizing new converts.
7. General oversight of all ministries and carrying out various administrative duties.
9. Ministering in the area of marriage and funerals.
10. Promote Christian education.
11. Under the leadership of the Lord Jesus Christ spread the Gospel and the teachings throughout the community.
12. Communications and follow up with the five missionaries the church supports.
1. Master of Divinity
2. 3-5 years experience preferred as Pastor or Assistant Pastor
3. Exhibit the Godly character qualities outlined in 1 Tim 2:1-7; Titus 1:5-9; 1 Peter 5:1-4 and Acts 6:4
4. Developed homiletical skills to effectively communicate God's Word.
5. Adhere to the church constitution and statement of faith.
6. Continued education is encouraged.
Position Salary & Benefits
1. Salary range from $25,000 to $30,000
2. Parsonage provided (4 BR 2 Bath 2 Story house)
3. Two weeks paid vacation
4. Health insurance provided through Brotherhood Insurance and the church also provides a medical fund (dental, vision, and co pays)
5. Percentage vesting in retirement plan after three complete years. This is in lieu of social security.
6. Located in the beautiful mountains of the Potomac Highlands which offers many outdoors activities (skiing (2 resorts), mountain biking, golf, hiking, hunting, fishing, two state parks and more