This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Minister of Students
Pascack Bible Church
Hillsdale, New Jersey, United States
Date Posted: 05/05/2008
Categories: Youth Pastor
Church Size: 251 to 350
Job Type: Full-Time
As the Minister of Students (MoS) you will be the primary full time staff member responsible for encouraging the spiritual and social development of students and young adults (college age) within Pascack Bible Church (PBC). PBC is going through an exciting time of transition in our leadership with a distinct focus on youth ministry and youth outreach. In order to fulfill the calling we feel from the Lord we will look to our new MOS to recruit, energize and train adult volunteers and maturing students to have significant impact in the lives of students through demonstration of Christ-like character, mentoring and care. You will work in coordination with the other senior leaders of PBC building a structure of church ministry that encourages a growing devotion to Christ by connecting students not just to a youth group, but to the church as a whole. Our ultimate goal is to develop students as life long disciples of Christ who have a desire for a connection with PBC or another local church for their ongoing fellowship, training, encouragement and ministry as adult disciples.
Characteristics and Qualifications:
• A demonstrated lifestyle of purity, character and Christlikeness that is consistent with the qualification of an elder as described in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four year college or university. Biblical training and/or seminary a plus.
• Minimum of three years youth ministry experienced in a paid staff position.
• Demonstrated ability to encourage, motivate and challenge students towards a deepening relationship with Christ.
• Demonstrated ability to incorporate discipleship and outreach as essential elements of ministry to students.
• Past experience in recruiting, energizing, training and leading teams of volunteers.
• Experience in effectively and relevantly communicating Biblical truth verbally to students in large and small group settings.
• Ability to resolve conflict in a Biblically appropriate manner.
• Demonstrated ability to equip students for leadership among their peers.
• Full time base salary commensurate with experience and appropriate for Northern New Jersey location
• If of interest to the candidate; family housing may be provided
• Full family health benefits
• Retirement benefits – Simple IRA