This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
WaterStone Community Church
Littleton, Colorado, United States
Date Posted: 05/06/2008
Categories: Children's Pastor
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
General Purpose: Provide leadership and vision to overall program development, coordination, implementation, administration and direction to staff and volunteers for birth through sixth grade.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage organization design, programming, communications and other issues regarding the ministry to children birth through sixth grade.
• Hire and manage the paid staff within Kingdom Kids. Responsibilities include vision casting, organization, training, delegation, leadership development and conflict management.
• Prepare and administer children’s ministry budget, annual ministry plan and personal growth plan.
• Oversee semi-annual recruiting effort of over 150 volunteers for Sunday School, Nursery and Awana.
• Oversee Sunday School, parents day out and preschool program, Awana, children’s choir, Vacation Bible School and all other special events and programs.
• Communicate vision and purpose of children’s ministry to the church family.
• Select, evaluate, purchase and monitor overall curriculum for birth through sixth grade.
• Oversee monthly staff meetings, individual staff meetings, plans training and retreat events, provides opportunities for staff to attend conferences and networking events.
• Provide programs and counsel to families with children including parent training and resourcing.
• Attend weekly Leadership staff meetings and Kingdom Kids staff meetings every other week.
• Work up to 50 hours per week.
• Attend at least one training seminar dealing with children’s ministry per year at WaterStone’s expense.