The Financial Controller will be responsible for all financial and business affairs of the church. This position is directly responsible for all accounting functions and systems, benefits and cash management and certain aspects of personnel and information technology administration. The Controller will assist the Church Administrator and will work with appropriate committees to establish related church policies and procedures and assure achievement of operating objectives.
1. Willingness to serve Christ and His church.
2. At least a Bachelors of Science degree in business (accounting concentration preferred).
3. Three or more years of experience as a controller/ senior financial manager, or some equivalent experience.
4. Demonstrated interpersonal and supervisory skills.
5. Attention to detail and accuracy.
6. Strict Confidentiality
7. Hands-on computer skills and experience with general ledger software.
1. Not-for-profit accounting experience at a supervisory level.
2. Familiarity with Automated Church Systems (ACS) financial package software.
3. Certified Public Accountant
4. Familiarity with Park Street Church, the nature of its congregation, its ethos, guiding principles and doctrines.
Park Street Church is celebrating nearly 200 years of God’s faithfulness in the center of Boston. We are an evangelical church and we are international. On an average Sunday, 59 individual nations are represented by our congregation, of which approximately one half are in their twenties and thirties. Nearly forty percent of our congregants are university students. To learn more about Park Street Church, go to www.parkstreet.org.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to bmckenney parkstreet.org.