This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Celebration Arts Pastor/Director
First Assembly of God
Wheaton, Illinois, United States
Date Posted: 05/07/2008
Categories: Worship Pastor
Denominations: Assemblies of God
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Full-Time
Have a passion to be in the Lord’s presence and bring others into it?
Possess spiritual gifts for leading others in worship?
A spiritual leader who cares for others and is sensitive to the Holy Spirit’s ministry -- both corporately and in an individual’s life?
Lead a vibrant, multicultural church in Spirit-Led worship?
Model worship even as you continue to learn and grow as a worship
First Assembly of God in Wheaton, Illinois is looking for a full-time Celebration Arts Director/Pastor. The following information gives a good “snapshot” of our church, its leadership, and the type of candidate we are looking for:
First Assembly is a multicultural, interracial church of some 350 persons, in the northwest suburbs of Chicago. Our vision is to “Reach the diverse population of the western suburbs of Chicago, and bring them into dynamic living in Jesus Christ.”
We are a pastor-led, multi-staff church that has a great diversity of people and talents. We have over twenty ongoing ministries that utilize the gifts of many dedicated volunteers.
First Assembly is a Pentecostal/Charismatic church that believes in Spirit-filled worship, the moving of the Holy Spirit, and the gifts of the Spirit. As such, we do not follow a “seeker sensitive” approach.
We have recently purchased 9.1 acres of land east of our current facility. We are in the process of beginning construction on a new facility that will allow us to expand our present congregation’s outreach, diversity, and effectiveness in ministry.
The Senior Pastor:
Dr. David W. Price has been our senior pastor for over seventeen years. He is passionate about preaching, teaching, worship, missions, and building a multicultural church community.
Pastor Price is married to his wife, LuAnn. They have two grown children. Their son, Dominie, is a staff sergeant in the U.S. Army and in currently serving a third tour of duty in Iraq. Their daughter, Alexie, is currently finishing her junior year at San Diego State University. She is an English major.
Aside from his lead pastor role, Dr. Price is involved in international missions in South Africa. He holds a Ph.D. in History from London Metropolitan University and teaches online graduate history classes at Southwestern Assemblies of God University (Waxahachie, Texas).
In late spring or summer, if you can’t find him on his day off – he is more than likely out riding his Suzuki M109 motorcycle! (Look for LuAnn to be right behind him on her own motorcycle!)
The Worship Style:
First Assembly has a very diverse worship style. We currently use worship material ranging from the great hymns to revival and prophetic music. We embrace various worship expressions including dance, mime, banners, human videos, etc. We believe in redeeming the arts for the purpose of leading our church body into greater levels of worship.
Our emphasis in worship is described by enthusiasm, praise, spontaneous worship, and an openness to the gifts of the Holy Spirit. Our worship songs include the influence and styles of multiculturalism.
The Ministry Assignment:
The Director/Pastor of Celebration Arts works closely with the Senior Pastor, but reports directly to the Executive Pastor.
The Director/Pastor of Celebration Arts is first and foremost part of a pastoral staff “team.” As such, the candidate will work towards implementing the church’s vision statement within Celebration Arts. He or she will be expected to attend staff meetings, planning meetings, and if requested, board meetings. He or she will work with other staff to enhance church-wide events, inter-ministry events, and provide leadership that reflects a cohesive church-community.
Specific to the area of Celebration Arts, the candidate is expected to:
• Work with the Senior Pastor in the development of the worship services.
• Provide vision and leadership to the Celebration Arts team.
• Lead by example in the area congregation worship.
• Prepare for and conduct worship practice sessions.
• Learn and teach an expanding portfolio of worship/praise songs.
• Recruit, mentor, and train musicians and singers.
• Recruit and oversee the sound technician staff.
• Work closely with the Media Director and his staff.
• Provide assistance to the other ministry departments related to music,
worship, drama, etc.
• Develop and produce Dramas and or Musical productions for the major Church holidays such as Christmas, Easter, and Pentecost Sunday. Smaller dramas may be required for special emphasis Sundays.
• Provide oversight for all ministries that fall under the umbrella of Celebration Arts.
• Willingly take on any other assignments given by the senior or executive pastor.
• Education: A Bachelor’s Degree in music or pastoral ministry is preferred – but not required.
• License or Ordination: If not licensed or ordained with the Assemblies of God, candidates will be required to become licensed – beginning with local church credentials.
• Previous Experience: Experience in music leading, program design and implementation in a contemporary worship setting. Prior experience in a multiple staff church is preferred, but not required.
• Practical Abilities: Qualified candidates should be able to:
Lead worship from the keyboard(s).
Display an understanding of Pentecostal/Charismatic/Spirit-Filled worship dynamics.
Read sheet music, as well as write/customize musical parts for instruments.
Exhibit versatility with a variety of styles of music and media within the Pentecostal heritage.
Display flexibility and willingness to make changes and adjustments as requested by the senior leadership.
Lead and oversee a music ministry which integrates both anointing and excellence of presentation.
Recruit and train musicians and singers to be involved in the worship team, and develop multiple worship teams for use in ministry areas other than worship services alone.
Work and relate well with the church leadership, church staff, ministries, and volunteers.
Evidence a commitment to First Assembly of God’s vision statement and core values.
Become a member at First Assembly of God.
Salary and Benefits:
• Salary: Negotiable
• Benefits: Health and Dental insurance
• Housing Allowance: Dependent upon ministerial credentialing
• Paid Vacation as determined by the personnel policy
Please send resume, audio sampling, video sampling of yourself leading worship, and references to email@example.com.